OT: Win7 Make Desktop Classic ???

"Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7" There are other Virtual Machines available that methinks are better. I'm partial to Virtual Box from Oracle: and have VM's installed for SCO OSR5, Win 3.1, and OS/2 (for reading one lousy Mercedes Benz shop manual).

I also run old DOS programs under DOSbox: However, I recommend one of the spinoff versions instead: You can install both on the same machine, but it didn't take long for me to get totally confused. I'm also having problems printing on

64bit machines via DOSbox, but haven't had time to troubleshoot.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

That sounds complex. I'm trying to keep this Dell W7 machine as clean and simple as possible.

The only 16-bit things that I might still run were written in PowerBasic, the DOS version. I've converted a few of them to the

32-bit PBCC (the 32-bit PB Console Compiler) which isn't hard and seems to work fine under 64-bit Win7.

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:34:41 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Wow... that's so ten+ years ago.

I am getting old. That is so long ago I can't even remember what things I used it to tweak. Getting old as in can't remember, but should be able to.. It was a long damn time ago though.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:04:06 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Setting up a desktop for classic XP look and feel IS a "routine", trivial, mundane task, dumbshit.

No, you don't vacuum the carpets... you just spew shit all over them as you traipse your stupid ass through your pathetic life.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:04:06 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Something tells me that you used a lot of previously laid out segments.

Oh, and you did the layout in a weekend.... maybe. But you didn't start from concept and get art done in a single weekend.

I call bullshit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:27:34 -0400, Martin Riddle Gave us:

NVidia trounces ATI.

I used to buy their "All-in-wonder" cards, but haven't tuned a TV analog signal in years. Their shit is lame now. And they are always trying to keep up with NVidia and failing at it. That card likely raises your chassis cabinet temp 15 degrees more than normal.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

my W7-64 runs perfect so far, I have run all kinds of old stuff on it.

I had to hunt down a driver for my Dlink Serial adapter for 64 bit mode, I found one and that works.

Btw, Dlink does not make a driver for this however, others have written drivers for the same chip, works great in 64 bit mode

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:39:51 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

For you, even opening a VDM would get listed by you as difficult.

For you, that isn't hard at all. After all, you get others to do so many things for you.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I call that being smart, something you are not attuned with.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Absolutely. We have engineers, assemblers, programmers, PC layout, purchasing, shipping/receiving, business people. They do lots of things better than I can. It's more fun that way.

Do you own a 1-man company? Do everything yourself?

Even if you can make a ton of money working alone, as some consultants can, it's more fun to have other people around, to work on things together.

Consultants don't get paid vacation!

No. This one was new, schematic and layout. It worked first time.

But I did. I didn't Gerber it; The Brat does that part.

One turns off these "features" not so much because they're slow, but because they're annoying.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 21:30:23 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Just got my new cage code the other day, and filed a paper for a grant one day before the annual expiration date.

My stuff will by used by all joint forces and by our allies as well.

I just spent the last few months fitting out the dev lab with gear and ESD abatement protections.

All while at the same time developing a few new antennas and a new HF amplifier design. BIG ferrites and stuff likely a bit too trivial for a dweeb like you. (more likely over your head)

You sound like one of those Dilbert's manager types.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 21:36:05 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

It wasn't over a weekend. You lie.

The gerber is part of "doing layout". You lose.. Your claim is false.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 19:15:33 +1000, Sylvia Else Gave us:

I think having checkboxes on icons is a good feature, not an annoyance.

"Classic" is a retardation. Or a retard falling back on retardation because it is simple. Fact is those who do it are "simple".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jesus! if your claim is true, which I doubt, we'all in big trouble.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:13:57 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

You are too goddamned stupid to make valid assessments about anything, child.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

In your dreams, DimBulb . We all know you're a janitor.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

No lie. There aren't many parts, so the schamatic took an hour to design (more to enter into PADS) and the layout was pretty obvious. The minutes-per-part factor is pretty low on a board this simple; do the math.

It was one of those rare projects when everything just flows.

No, Gerbering doesn't move any parts or traces; it just makes the Gerber files from the layout. At our place, "Gerbering" also involves formally releasing the fab and assembly and BOM files, which are all derived directly from the layout, the part that I did; that's a routine process, so I can delegate that. I don't etch or assemble the boards, either.

Whenever you say "you lose" it means that you are Always Wrong again.