OT: Why the US will never go metric....

She won't be gone from your life fur long.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The idiot that coined it wasn't as smart as you. It refers to a variant of "shitload".

I would think that that references some huge amount that some fat f*ck that gorged himself all week would shit.

It amounts to that amount of material that would equal the other material that one's but can hold a load of.

Mine would be quite a small parcel. Terrell's would weigh a ton.

Larkins scale platter would be empty, because he thinks that in his case, little doves come take it away.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

That you spout crap? Certainly.

Reply to
krw

Idiot. In the US they are called barrels. There are quarter barrels, half barrels and barrels.

A 'keg' is an advertising term. Nothing more. No breweries work in kegs. You brain is 15 milligrams... Or maybe 10. Either way, it has fermented into rancid vinegar.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

No, AlwaysWrong is wrong, again. It's amazing that he can't get *anything* right.

Reply to
krw

"Roffing" squares? ROTFL!

DimBulb, what a flaming hypocrite!

Nine foot ceilings are also quite normal, AlwaysWrong (no DimBulb, not you, the ceilings). ...standard enough that sheetrock comes in 54" widths.

Reply to
krw

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:02:35 -0700, Richard Henry wibbled:

Two mediaeval peasants and a sawpit?

--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts

..

u,

Still have my ruler here on the table - This room is 8 feet, the kitchen over my shoulder is 7.5, the laundry room next is 7.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Standard enough that lumber is stocked in 8 foot cut lengths, but NOT nine foot. Ten footers have to be bought, and then one gets scrap.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

See:

Virg Wall
Reply to
VWWall

We once did a bar-top taste test of Michelob vs Bud. Nobody could tell the difference. All these A-B rice beers give me a headache.

John

with

What?

Reply to
George Herold

Ounce-inch

One ounce of FORCE applied to a lever one inch from the center axis of the device one is applying the torque to.

foot-pound

One pound of FORCE applied against a one foot long lever attached to the center axis of the device one is applying the torque to.

It is a measure of 'torsional force', or a force applied in such a manner that the point to which it is applied rotates around an axis.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Bud is a rice beer. Michelob is not. I can, or at least could, tell the difference, easily.

Reply to
krw

Less than 8' is not standard and against code in many areas of the country. 8' and 9' ceilings, OTOH, are quite standard and meet code everywhere in the US.

My Vermont house, other than the living and family rooms (cathedral ceilings) had 7' 2" ceilings; definitely not standard.

This first floor of this house has 9' ceilings and the two bedrooms upstairs

8', with the great room 18', and higher. ;-)
Reply to
krw

So tell me, AlwaysWrong, why does sheetrock come in 54" wide sheets? Do you get your 8' lumber free? What a dummie.

Reply to
krw

Acknowledgement of the onset of senility.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

For reasons you are too clueless to grasp.

No, but I do not lop off 10% of them either.

You are an idiot.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

--
"Carat" is a metric term, 1 carat being equal to 0.2 gram.
Reply to

Cool. "Inch" is a metric term, 1 inch being equal to 25.4 mm.

John