OT Why I live in NC instead of AZ

Really?

In roughly 1 year starting in April 1917, the US and her allies overwhelmed the static western front and overcame the world's most powerful army.

In roughly 3-1/2 years starting in December 1941, the US and our allies liberated about 1/4 of the surface of the earth, wiped out the world's largest navy and second largest army, and replaced all the enemy governments with those friendly to our side. In the few months after that, several dozen of the worst surviving enemy criminals were tried, convicted and punished.

The Bush-Bush war against Iraq is now about about 15 years old, one small country has been liberated, our capital and our largest city have been attacked at high loss of innocent life, and the enemy country is nowhere near pacified, nor is there a stable friendly governamnet there.

Oh, you were being sarcastic. Never mind.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Better than either World-War. Better than the US Revolutionary War, and a damn-sight better than to Civil War. Yes, it seems to be going rather well, as go wars.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Do *please* point to something that's actually going *well* in Iraq !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Really!

Umm, WWI didn't start in 1917 (I suppose no one important died before the US decided to join the frey). Ok, let's talk about casualties. In your "one year" of WWI, 126,000 US servicemen were killed, and 8.5M total. That sounds like a walk in the park, right?

...and lost 407,000 military, not to mention the "trivial" 19,500,000 on both sides. Yep, another walk in the park, compared to Iraq.

Yep! The _single_ best reason to put an end to it. Saddam is gone, and a bunch of thugs to clean up.

What the hell are you yammerong on about? "Our capital"? Wow!

How long did it take to "pacify" Germany? Japan? We're still in both countries, by the 100thousands, sixty years later BTW.

No good numbers on the loss of life due to battle, but it was significant given the population.

258,000 US soliers killed. 17,600 in one battle. Yep, that was a walk in the park too!

Nope. Not sarcastic at all. Not pig-ignorant like some, either.

--
  Keith
Reply to

- Iraqi chidren going to school.

- Hospitals open.

- Something looking like a citizen run government taking shape (a decade faster than our own)

- Airports open

- Commerce takin place

- Asshole libs like you screeching like stuck pigs

--
  Keith

> Graham
Reply to