OT Why I live in NC instead of AZ

Yep, I know. No hurricanes or swamps :-(

...Jim Thompson

That's jungle. Around here, in the DESERT, REALLY HIGH humidity is

30% (rare).

That's a touch cold for me, I set mine at 74°F (23.33°C)

...Jim Thompson

Do you have mosquitoes?

John

Occasionally. Due to dorks over-watering their lawns and leaving standing water. Also people letting swimming pools go rancid... but Sheriff Joe has now automated looking for those from the air.

...Jim Thompson

But really - I couldn't survive 110F+ temps could I ? I reckon I came across 40C temps in Mumbia and I don't want to repeat that.

The ACC in my car is set to 22C.

Thank God ? I have ACC. Last summer I just got really sweaty and it wasn't nice at all......

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Sno-o-o-o-ort!

...Jim Thompson

What's your problem, Jim Meyer? Old, tired, worn-out, retired in NC, and can't recoup your home investment so that you can get the hell outa NC?

Arizona actually has more pleasure boats per capita than any other state.

And we coalesced a thousand lakes into a couple of REALLY big ones ;-)

The rancid pools are so few they're hard to find, but they can be a mosquito problem... West Nile Virus. So they're found by automated electronic aerial survey.... another of Sheriff Joe's schemes ;-)

...Jim Thompson

They don't shower ;-)

...Jim Thompson

But plenty of illegal aliens breaking in your house to take a shower...

Reply to
maxfoo
[snip]

Eh? They're dying in Arizona because Mexico is the most lawless country in the world.

Get out an atlas and see what's "45 miles south of Tucson"... nothing but desert.

I note in this morning's news, that there is an effort by Texas authorities, working with the Governor of Chihuahua, to bulldoze a town that's a staging area for coyotes.

What we ought to do is seize Mexico, arrest all the police, and establish an honest government.

...Jim Thompson

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:01:14 -0700, Jim Thompson wroth:

Minnesota "Land of a thousand lakes"

Arizona "Land of rancid swimming pools"

Jim

Reply to
jmeyer

Isn't that what we're doing in Iraq?

Reply to
Richard Henry

OK Jim. You screwed up your conversion to C. Its really 23.333333333....

Jeesh!

Al

Reply to
Al

We're trying. The Islamic nut-cases seem to be winning. Time to start leveling mosques until the Imams realize that preaching terrorism is bad for their "economy" ;-)

In contrast, in Mexico, all the non-crooks would immediately join our side, particularly since some 73% of polled Mexicans want to come to the US.

...Jim Thompson

That explains why so many are dying in Arizona

maxfoo

Yep, Living in Arizona ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Urban renewal?

...and the other 27% are already here.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Like we did in Vietnam, and Afghanistan, and Iraq, and ...?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Err, didn't we just try that in Iraq?