OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

yep, best flooring, too. Can't wait until I get to rip this !#$!@$ carpet out of some of the rooms! and put in matching stone.

called travertine, which I think is Italian for stone. But almost all of the stuff comes out of Turkey. They just shave a mountain and keep going until it's gone. We have what's called a 'Versailles pattern' which boggles the mind trying to make sense out of it. I'd post pictures, but have no way to do that. all those websites hang up my ssytem or won't let me do anything on them.

I can't even send them to anybody with gmail address, google throws away those emails and tells no one!

Reply to
RobertMacy

My pleasure. The only thing good we can do with politicians is ridicule them.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Swampers only work in dry climates. Living in NY State, USA, the only swamper I've seen in person was the one I helped to take apart and haul to the scrap yard.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

They can also help in more humid climates, not as a direct cooler but as a pre-cool stage outside, before the A/C condenser. However, my impression is that much of the A/C industry is stuck in the times of the Flintstones when it comes to innovation.

Of course this does not work in places where the humidity hovers around

90% a lot such as Houston.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Evap cooling doesn't work too well in the Muggly Hot weather we get here in the "interlaken" district of Ontario. 81% humidity doesn't evaporate much even at 90F.

Reply to
clare

They had bigger better ones back then too. Cannot remember what they were called, but the name was from the sound they made. Big wet blankets flapped in the breeze.

I saw my first ceiling fans in Zambia in 1973. Not many in homes, but common in public assembly areas

Reply to
clare

Circulation alone makes a big difference. I have the blower turn on for 15min/hr during the night to keep the air mixed. During the day the AC is on enough that it's not necessary.

Reply to
krw

A heat pump is just a reversible AC, so it will heat in the Winter. Otherwise it's exactly the same process, so will do the exact same thing to the air (dry it out - either direction ;).

Reply to
krw

Bloggs, you really don't have to prove that you're a liar. Everyone already knows that you're a lefty.

Reply to
krw

We just did the I80 drive from SF to Truckee. It was about 60F in SF (warm!) and hit 102 from Sacramento to Auburn. It's 70F, 20% RH here now, good beer weather. The gradient up the slope is usually about 1 deg F per 300 feet of altitude, but today it was about twice that.

I took it to mean that it was so dry sweat evaporates so fast there is no sign of them perspiring.

You can carry in VT, too, but just watch the people sweat when it gets to 85F. ...or the welfare or trust fund check is late.

Reply to
krw

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:01:15 -0700, RobertMacy wrote: (...)

This should help:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:39:33 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

What brand of fan did you buy that it does not reverse?

That is silly.

And if you installed it, why would you install a fan that is so sub-par? There cannot be that great a savings between them, even if such fans enjoy a market. Maybe I never looked for them, but an air circulator fan (ceiling fan)always has a bi-directional motor.

And if it came with the house, I would be looking to kick a contractor's ass, especially in *that* town. I didn't think anything up there was done 'piss poor'.

Or maybe you never actually inspected the fan itself.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Dunno about proving anything but you're doing a marvelous job demonstrating you're an idiot.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:28:13 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Absorption usually means a soaking-in and re-radiation of energy and thermal mass gets "stored", so it remains after the source dissipates..

Reflection is better, but your building cannot be an "absorber". It too must also reflect.

I do not think anyone could present a case that differs with these basic physical precepts.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 02:11:00 -0400, Stormin Mormon Gave us:

Great answer.

The thread could have turned philosophical even sooner.

Do not forget Tzu.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There are lots of cheap uni-directional fans on the market. $19.95 China specials. Usually only in white, but likely others out there.

Reply to
clare

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:39:48 -0700, RobertMacy Gave us:

That is funny, actually.

BRL! Type I & II (f*ck that LOL shit)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:44:44 -0700, RobertMacy Gave us:

Interesting, but it seems that you too have forgotten to consider the dark matter. Or maybe that was referenced in the nat geo pic...

We really do not know just how insignificant we are.

That is what religion is. Our attempt at making OURSELVES look more important in the grand scheme of things, since someone took the time to create us and even watch over us. It isn't about faith to an unprovable entity. It is about exalting US as what that entity has taken time out of his life to fuss over.

Sure...

Maybe "God" is those huge dark matter strings interconnecting between galaxies and far reaches of our existence.

We are but one small node on a very huge string.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:04:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon Gave us:

No. Only Muslim Extremist ceiling fan blow up.

Intelligent, civil Muslims are able to blow their fans down or up, and are like you or me.

The really hard part is precise dissemination.

It was easy to tell this guy had his ceiling fan set correctly, and that he reached said ceiling...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno