OT: Whatzit?

Pissed at the light-bulb-changer suction cup repeatedly unscrewing from my extension pole 16' up, I drilled a hole thru the plastic and the pole and stuffed a nail in it to lock it in place ;-)

Now I need to do it right and get a clip that looks like this...

Anyone know what it's called and where to get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Retaining clip? And search an industrial catalog for that.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Seen them tagged as clevis pins.

Reply to
rebel

Rebel, I think you're right... thanks for jogging my memory!

...Jim Thompson

Ken Kornstett, via E-mail, pointed me to....

a "hitch pin", which is exactly what I need.

Thanks again, Ken!

...Jim Thompson

(mouse over)

Hair Pin Cotter. A Clevis is the 'bolt' it locks.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not sure what you're using for a CAD program there Jim but if I were you I'd get my money back, jeez you could probably hand draw a better pic than that !

H.

p.s.- Home Despot etc. have b>Pissed at the light-bulb-changer suction cup repeatedly unscrewing

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Not sure what you're using for a CAD program there Jim but if I were you I'd get my money back, jeez you could probably hand draw a better pic than that !

H.

p.s.- Home Despot etc. have b>Pissed at the light-bulb-changer suction cup repeatedly unscrewing

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

A "clip" is exactly what it is called. http://66.102.9.104/images?q=pull-pins+OR+pull-pin+clip

Also used (but not as common) is "safety clip": http://66.102.9.104/images?q=site:everythingsuv.com+Remove-safety-clip

(You've probably heard the giant ones called "hood pins".) . .

I would think any good hardware store. Home Depot has already been mentioned. . . It's certainly not one of these: http://66.102.9.104/images?q=clevis-pin (though it may be used with one--much as it can be with a pull pin).

Reply to
JeffM

[snip]

Hand-drawn, then scanned to a PDF ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Its called a P clip here or also an R clip (as it looks exactly like an R) any place that sells a good range of nuts and bolts etc shld have it.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

I think you can find them in the hardware drawers at your local Home Despot.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Local U-Haul, which usually is the Reese Hitch dealer as well. Or West marine or other boating place.

Martine Riddle

A poorly drawn 'Treble Clef" ?

Martine Riddle

Might surprise everyone here, but I CAN draw a treble clef, properly positioned ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Why didn't you just draw it on the glass with a Sharpie? I used a ultra fine Sharpie to write "clean me!" in very small block letters on the corner of the glass on a decrepit old Xerox copier at Microdyne.

You should have seen them trying to figure out how it got on every sheet. As soon as they left to get someone from support to look at it, I wiped it off with IPA. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm sure that it was no treble at all. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hitch clip.

Don Foreman

In message , dated Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Jim Thompson writes

A pregnant snowoman carrying a pizza?

Sorry, I've used them a lot in ventures into agricultural work, but I don't know the official name.

Can you make one out of a bit of fencing wire?

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

When I was on the road with carnies years ago, most of us called them "R-Keys", with a few referring to them as "Hairpins".

They should be available (in a mind-boggling array of sizes, from half an inch long and a quarter inch wide, made out of what looks like 16 gauge wire, to monsters 8 inches or more long with legs made of wire as thick as your thumb) at any hardware store worth the name. You'll find (mostly) bigger ones (3-4 inch length, 3/16"-1/4" or so wire diameter) at any decently stocked farm-equipment place. You can probably find find a couple similar-sized ones at most, but not all, feed/grain places.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"