OT: What's It Called

Trying to clean up and organize my office/lab, I recall from years ago a thing on the wall with multiple slots to hang your clip leads, adapters, etc. on.

But I can't remember what it's called so I can Google for it :-(

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Can't remember the name, but Pomona makes 'em and Jensen sells 'em. Probably "lead rack" or some such. Mine came from when we were very cash-poor -- they're little bits of toaster oven tray, cut out and screwed to the wall.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Thanks! Found them ["test lead rack"] on Jensen and ordered.

...Jim Thompson

Yep. Just ordered three.

...Jim Thompson

I used something, I think it was called panduit. It was intended as a way to route wires through a plastic, slotted, channel with a cover. Turned out to be a cheap solution for test leads, and HPLC columns, and special glassware in the lab I worked at.

default

This what you wanted?'

..

Reply to
Oppie

--
Audio, huh?
Reply to

Try Nine Inch Nails. They sounde better.

Will code for food.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You're going to have to wade through hundreds of p*rn sites if you Google that.

But then maybe that's the idea.

(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

--
If you had to question it, I guess you missed the point...

As usual.
Reply to
John Fields

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'OT: What's It Called', on Fri, 23 Sep 2005:

Coat hook? Hat pin? I hang mine on 6 inch nails driven into a piece of barn rafter 3 x 3.

John Woodgate

Hmmm. Sounds like a British thing ! ;-)

We currently use coat hooks.

We did use 6 inch nails once.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Not as practical as nails IMHO ! ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Hard disk drive magnets work great for holding test leads with alli clips, as long as they're not pure copper or brass. And they'll hold a number of other things as well, as long as there's some steel in them.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Was it that obvious ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

--
  I just _gotta_ get \'em to the hazardous waste facility...
Reply to

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that John Fields wrote (in ) about 'OT: What's It Called', on Fri, 23 Sep 2005:

Not only. Also BNC, N, UHF, C, IEC 60169-2. Not RG6, of course.

John Woodgate

That's why I ordered three. (I'm on a neatness kick, or rather operating under such an advisory from the management :-)

...Jim Thompson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:19:52 -0700, "Watson A.Name - \\"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\\"" Gave us:

You should be more specific.

As in: "The flat, rare earth magnets that make up the head actuator "motor" of most modern hard drives..."

Most contain two, not counting the spindle motor components.

I have hard drive actuator magnets that compete with those found in microwave ovens, from the old full height days! One does not want to be near any CRTs when around these HD magnets OR the MW oven magnets in particular when they aren't looped.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:02:52 +0100, John Woodgate Gave us:

RG6 would fit onto the pomona racks I have used recently...

Reply to
NunYa Bidness