OT: Trigger warnings

ROTFLMAO....

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Liberalism: Religion for the Simple-Minded

Apart from crashing MickeySoft's Internet Exploder the URL is totally uninformative WTF are "trigger warnings".

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Because students at universities have become so infantilized that they cannot handle subjects even mildly uncomfortable, you now have to warn them of anything that might "trigger" their PTSD, e.g. before you talk about Shakespeare, you'd have to warm about it containing cruelty, sex, violence etc. so the students can prepare themselves or leave

There was a talk on Brown university about the myth of "rape culture", that was so triggering the feminist on campus provided a "safe space" for anyone triggered

The room had; cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies

you'd think it was a joke

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

You shouldn't say that "T" word. It makes me think of those horrible metal things that kill people! AAUUUGH!

Reply to
Ingvald44

"Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are."

I think you've got something- ban "trigger warnings" now!

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

banning things is what got us this far, but it seems the tide is turning and capitalism is fixing things.

after that controversies at University of Missouri enrollment dropped 23% and they lost something like $30M

University of Chicago sent out a letter that they will not have trigger war ning or any of other nonsense, they obviously know that the old geezers that spo nsor universities and parents/students that want a university instead of a kindergarden might be coming to them

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Martin, you are somewhere in the middle, So I'm sending you to Scalzi's take on the U of Chic. letter. (He should have a link.)

George H. (Uni's are a bit silly these days... )

Reply to
George Herold

This lady was offended,

I couldn't find the original link so if this pretty blonde bothers you, jump to 0:56 to see the offense.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Are you alright down there? I see you didn't get blown away, anyway.

Reply to
krw

We need more of this kind of clear thinking:

"... usually, sex and gender come together in the way that is expected, i.e. the fact that most females are women and most males are men needs to be explained."

From NORA- Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ya, it turned and went to the East side of Panama City. Not much wind or rain, we got more rain last night than the night of the hurricane. It didn't look like it was going to be to bad so I only added two ropes to my boat, pulling it away from the dock just a bit. The tide was up about 2 ft, happily it was not much. My daughter is in Bradenton (near Tampa), they had a lot of flooded streets.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Here's what's happening:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I see guys dressed like the third one all over the Pacific NorthWet. Skintight pants seem to be a thing for even "real men" these days.

I miss bellbottoms... geddoffa my lawn.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

:

cannot

f anything that might "trigger" their PTSD, e.g. before you talk about Shak espeare, you'd have to warm about it containing cruelty, sex, violence

that was so triggering the feminist on campus provided a "safe space" for anyone triggered

c, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies

nfluence

should be in the dictionary under "broken man"

what are they trying to accomplish? I can't imagine women finding those doo rmats anything other than extremely unattractive

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

And then there's this.

(Getting back to electronics...)

Reply to
JW

You'd think s/he would be using an apron when doing all that grubby work.

It would be a shame to ruin a fancy dress like that.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

The *nails*!

Reply to
krw

The "brogrammer" style here is backpacks and grubby jeans and lumberjack shirts. I have been setting this style trend for decades, and the world is finaly catching up.

Only the women show any consideration to style, and that's mainly limited to skinny jeans and/or complicated footwear.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den tirsdag den 6. september 2016 kl. 21.59.28 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

The grunge uniform, Nirvanas Nevermind was released 25 years ago this month so it is not exactly new ;)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

A joke, apparently mocking Hutchinson (no, I won't post links- look him up at Your Own Risk). The guy in your link is *good*. I really enjoyed his other video about homemade triodes.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752