OT: "Thousand Watt Shock"

Whoey Louie, You hit a nerve! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Me neither. But at least it proves you don't accept claims at face value and are at least *capable* of critical thinking, even if you don't usually apply it in other areas.

Cursitor Doom

I've added this one to your running file. So next time when you deny making threats, I can show that you're again wrong. And at some point I may decide giving it to the police is warranted, maybe they can get you some help.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Whoey Louie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I have never made a threat to anyone, much less you. Me saying that you need pain or death is not me saying that I am coming for you. That is the difference. I never threatened to visit any harm to you. I said you need to have harm come to you, but get a clue, dipshit... that is not a threat.

You are a threat to the human gene pool though. You and your entire bloodline should be erased so that you do not sully it any further than your lame bloodline already has.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Same as everywhere, I'm afraid. 1kV is lethal, period. If you try to explain to them what are the levels of voltage generated by wearing a pullover during a dry day, they will not believe you. And there always is the ultimate answer "but that's different!"

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

So they have developed their own: footbal stadium is a unit of area and an olympic pool for volume. I have never bothered to convert these to proper SI.

With "billion" there is enough confusion already. For that reason I prefer "1e3 Island Dressing".

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

"a little current-limited inverter to give any potential thief a thousand volt shock - harmless but impossible to ignore! "

1 kV is not lethal if it isn't 1 kV once a person contacts it and current is drawn. Much like the shock from grabbing a door knob after walking across a nylon carpet.
--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

I noticed watching a TV programme on A&E that when they delivered a defibrillation shock (not meant to be lethal, of course!) the severity was not in terms of voltage or current but joules.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

There is a big range between lethal and a static shock. An electric fence to keep livestock inside, or a Taser, for example, both quite nasty.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Whoey Louie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

And both are "electric" and neither is "static".

And Tasers are lethal (over 1000 deaths)and a cow fence supply can also deliver lethality.

You prove you know nothing about electronics... or electricity.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, that is the point.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

I think me and my pacemaker should keep well away from either of those.

(I may tip-toe over nylon carpets, but that is for comfort!)

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

The idea is to terminate the ventricular fibrillation and then provide at least one heartbeat, hopefully the body can then generate further heartbeats.

Reply to
upsidedown

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

20mA from the surface of the skin through the body mass to the heart to cause the defibrillatory response.

In open heart surgery, the tiny 30mm paddles only pass 2mA directly at the heart and get the same response.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I never said they were not both electric, fool. It would be hard to get an electric shock from something that's not electric, don't you think?

No shit Sherlock. Sure those things can sometimes be lethal, but in the vast majority of cases they are not, which of course is why we use them.

Next!

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Almost right. The intention is to stop the heart but the heart starts back up on its own. If it doesn't, well, it's a bad day for the patient. People in cardiac arrest aren't helped by a defibrillator. The best that can be done is CPR, with the hope that the heart will restart at some point. The defibrillator can only stop a heart and it's already stopped, so of no use. An AED won't even fire if it doesn't detect some sort of heart beat. In fact it has to be some class of V-fib or V-tach that it's designed to correct.

Cardiac defibrillators use DC and time it with the heartbeat to hit precisely at the right time during the heartbeat to stop it but not send it _into_ ventricular fibrillation. The energy used is usually between 100J and 300J. Believe me, even 100J hurts like hell! Done it several times, with energies from 100J to 300J but they forgot to check to see if I was conscious once.

Reply to
krw

It's a good idea but the chance of a problem is miniscule. Cardiac defibrillators work on people with pacemakers, too. Might as well try, anyway. ;-) EMTs are trained to keep the paddles away from the pacemaker (direct hits aren't recommended).

Just whack the doorknob quickly.

Reply to
krw

There are implanted defibrillators. I had to convince the government driver agency I did not have one of those before they would authorise me to carry on driving...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Of course this is all the modern mechanisation of more romantic myth, like Frankenstein or

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Or use the back of your hand. Hardly hurts at all.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs