OT: Things to see in Florida for the engineer

Hi

I'm going to Florida for a month this summer with the family

Can anyone recommend what to see apart from the obvious, namely Kennedy Space Center.

On a side note, I would like to see a football match, but aren't those shut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Center.

down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

There is an overpriced surplus store in Orlando with some old junk from NASA.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

pace Center.

ut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about ba seball, basketball?)

between miami and route down to key west, somewhere along there is a 'coral castle'(sp?) I drove by because the billboard presentation was silly enough to look like stupidity. But, AFTER I missed the opportunity, I googled about it. Seems some quy after visiting Egypt figured out how to move huge blocks of stone with little effort, set up the area, only working at night, never allowing anyone to see how he did it. There's supposed to be a cantilevered stone that swivels like a door, weighing MULTI tons. If I'd known it may have contained 'real' engineering marvels; I wouldn't have driven by it and missed the opportunity.

Reply to
Robert Macy

-- Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com

150 Felker St #D
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Center.

down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Try to get a "backstage" tour at Mickeyworld.

Reply to
krw

Football is a fall game, basketball season in the US is in the winter. Baseball is the summer sport.

I assume you're coming over from Germany? There's always pro soccer, USA style. Just don't snicker too loudly if you're sitting next to a rabid fan.

If you come out in August you may be able to see some preseason NFL games

-- Google is way more your friend here than me, 'cause I'm not into sports much at all.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Space Center.

down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Sounds interesting, will check that one out :-)

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Space Center.

shut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Nice, would be fun to stop by, even for my 7 year old :-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

I'm from Denmark and have played a lot of football in my younger days, so pro-soccer would not impress me much. It sounds like baseball, as you point out, will be the thing to see.

Thanks, tried that, but thought info from resident citizens would be prudent to avoid any mistakes

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Space Center.

shut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Michael A. Terrell

Center.

down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Not too far from Kennedy Space Center.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Space Center.

shut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

Nice :-)

A couple of months ago I bought a power supply for the lab:

Agilent / HP 6654A System DC Power Supply - 0-60V / 0-9A

Got it for 700USD, but had to pay 150USD in shipping for denmark

So this summer will be a good opportunity check out ebay to order smaller stuff that I can bring in the plane home :-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

pace Center.

ut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about ba seball, basketball?)

This may be too far away.... but it is in Pensacola, Florida.

brent

pace Center.

ut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about ba seball, basketball?)

This is in more central Florida and uses glass bottom boats to see into very clean spring-fed rivers. The boats are kind of cool:

And if you want to see manatees:

If you are along the east coast of florida, pay attention to the intra- coastal water way. Perhaps you can rent a small boat and explore it. I have been on it in Fort Lauderdale. It was really nice there. There is a pic of it towards bottom of article below:

brent

They don't play baseball in Florida, as evidenced by the $634 million stadium that was more than 80 percent paid for by the taxpayers, and had attendece of 13,810....

David Lesher

Space Center.

down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

About 10 miles from my house.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Center.

I'm not from there but I'd visit the everglades and a crocodile farm.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Kennedy Space Center.

shut down for the summer apart from perhaps the college teams? (what about baseball, basketball?)

stuff that I can bring in the plane home :-)

Check out

Michael A. Terrell

Center.

He'd have to go to South America for the Crocodiles. All FLorida has is bigmouth Gators. ;=)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Space Center.

krw