OT: The Power Grid Will Fail within 36 Months

At what cost to the taxpayer who has no say in the matter because his earnings are confiscated to subsidize this pie in the sky?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I wish I had the link (it's at the office), but we received one press release from the American Solar Power Association (or something similar) where the head of said organization said that his solar panels have had a better return on investment over the last three years than his 401K. Now that's what I call damning with faint praise.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

Be difficult to both tax them generating billions, and also bankrupt them. You don't kill the goose...

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Apparently, in his school, they didn't tell that little parable, because it seems like he's hell-bent on doing just that.

And of course, he and his minions will keep blaming Bush all the way down.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

So, rather than answer my question, you speechify.

Of COURSE you get a good ROI when part of the return is a government subsidy that was confiscated from honest wage-earners.

HOW MUCH OF THAT RETURN CAME FROM TAX DOLLARS?

Will you answer that, or just speechify and waffle some more?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Nahh, they're almost exactly as inefficient -- loss being through the exhaust. If you don't mind a little CO poisioning, you can get 100%. Still pretty poor though. :)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Rich, you know full well that nuclear power still uses CO2.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Leftists have never been very good at dynamics.

Reply to
krw

Or he selected *really* dumb 401K options.

Reply to
krw

If you insulated well enough, your body heat could keep a place warm, although they tell me it would get a little stuffy. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, so does Coca-Cola. What's your point? I think there's a difference between "use" and "emit", by the way. And how, exactly? Got a webpage address that shows this?

What's the CO2 emission from a nuclear plant vs., say a coal plant? For that matter, what's the _radioactive_ emisssion from a nuclear plant vs. a coal plant?

Coal has radioactive trace elements that go out with the smoke and CO2 and fly ash and soot - in fact, I've seen claims that a coal plant puts out more radioactive stuff than a nuclear plant does, even when refueling the nuclear plant!

Thsnks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They have barely mastered breathing and walking at the same time.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

IOW, his 401K was losing all his investments?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

WHen I first heard of the 401k, I thought, "What kind of idiot thinks playing the stock market is a retirement plan? Might as well go to Vegas and "invest" in the craps table."

Gaw, I love to say "I told you so!" ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Says Michael Terrell, who has trouble with both ...

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

4%

r)

You won't get the chance all that often. Investing in the stock market

- as opposed to playing it - is an entirely sensible way of saving for your retirment. My parents did very well out of it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Particularly if you move to NSW in sunny Australia, where the electricity companies are required, by law, to buy that electricity from you and pay you four times the going rate for it. Note that you get to sell all of it to them - any that you yourself need you can buy from them at the normal rate.

The media, and thus consumers without panels, have finally realised who's paying for that, and started to make a fuss, and the government has discovered that the take-up (which is subsidised as well!) is six times what they anticipated.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Very necessary pump priming to achieve economies of scale to bring down PV prices.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

eir

Possibly because his anti-coal stance also threatens the other 50%, the West Virginians lucky enough to have jobs?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

ty

he

rop

at

and

.

Nuclear waste is a problem in its own right. We've been creating nuclear waste for more than fifty years now, but nobody has yet managed to work out a scheme for long term storage and put it into practice.

Some of the greenies clearly are insane, but perfectly sane people can combine anxieties about extra CO2 in the atmosphere with anxieties about extra radio-active material in the ground.

Rich isn't even anxious about tobacco smoke in his own lungs, so he really doesn't represent the voice of reason.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman