OT: Tesla escaped death another year

Tends to be the fate of 99% of cars that are made and then discontinued I suppose...

However I don't think the "way forward" is going to be a world of the wealthy people drive luxury EVs (or are driven by them), and the less well-to-do drive economy EVs, and the trucking industry drives electric trucks, and everyone "fills up" at charging stations instead of gas stations, and essentially everything is very similar to now except the ICE has been swapped for a battery and motor.

Ain't gonna look like that. Watch n see.

Reply to
bitrex

You are right, that's not how it will be. Most users will charge at home or work and the charging will be done at times that suit the grid to take advantage of low cost, underutilized generation or energy sources that are only available intermittently.

As someone pointed out, there will actually be less need for charging stations since most cars will almost never use them.

Watch n see.

--

  Rick C.

  -+++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Iran news and doubt over oil p rices going forward, but Tesla broke 470 yesterday, a new record.

No, wait, today Tesla stock broke 480!

Wait, wait! You say Tesla stock broke 490 today??? Wow!

So I'm thinking the recent price increase is starting to look less like a r ally and a lot more like a bubble. Still, they just keep coming up with go od news. They got the Shenzhen factory online and have started selling car s. They have said the model Y shipments from Fremont will be earlier than anticipated. Wait, is this really the Tesla we know and love? EARLIER???! !! Not a miss, but a home run!

Personally I think the model Y will sell more than the model 3. In fact, t he one thing I'm worried about is with people liking SUVs so much, the Y wi ll cannibalize model 3 sales. Still, that's a win, no? So far there's no Osborn effect and Tesla sells every car they can make.

--

  Rick C.

  +--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Wow! Tesla broke $545 today, closing at $537.92. I don't know how long it will continue to rise, but some are still rating it a buy. Kinda crazy. Even assuming the best practical outcome I don't expect the stock fundament als to justify that for years. I'm pretty sure the bubble will burst at so me point even without bad news. But if the quarterly financials are off ev en by a tiny bit, it's going to take a crap for a bit.