OT: Tee Hee

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

There are two ways of looking a the legal system. One says that it is a sin gle consistent set of rules that applies to everybody, and that legal offic ials can be relied on to enforce those rules independent of their political affiliation.

The other sees it as an arbitrary set of rules, put in place by legislators to favour some interest group or other, which can't be enforced if you don 't spend a lot of money.

Trump is famously litigious, and fairly obviously sees it as one more tool that he can use to get things done the way he wants.

His executive order changing the US immigration rules had quite as many obv iously unintended consequences as you'd expect. The appointment of a new ac ting attorney general is likely to have similar unexpected side effects.

The local news about the immigration rule changes was mostly about highly q ualified people currently working in the US who weren't likely to keep on w orking there. The US has become a progressively less attractive as a place to work and raise a family as I've got older, and it's reliance on other co untries' education systems to supply it's highly skilled workers is not som ething that can persist.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump's (primarily geriatric) supporters are amused by Trump's election as a final "Fuck you!" to a world they despise.

Reply to
bitrex

Some side effects of Trump's actions:

- Conservative UK Member of Parliament

- Quad Olympic Gold medal winner, and Portland resident banned from travelling to USA.

The UK foreign secretary has said the ban doesn't affect UK citizens; everybody wonders what the USA front-line immigration officials have been told.

So much for being consistent with friendly nations.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

IOW, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Typical.

Reply to
krw

we're going to take you down multiple notches >:-}

Your guy won. Why do you need to keep up the emotional ranting? The reality is you enjoy it, and you don't actually care about the impact on your country. Not one bit.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

Brother-in-law of a friend of mine is a world-famous heart surgeon, the world pioneer of an operation that has saved thousands of American lives. If he leaves the country, he can't return. Poetic justice would be if Trump needed that operation. That's what you get for electing a child as POTUS.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Wait till we get even with the UK for being assholes in the 1700's and declare it a state >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Plus you know that what you just said is not true... you must be a member of the press... just make up cockamamie stories. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

You're right, he's not a child... biologically. Just psychologically.

Want an introduction to the surgeon? I'm sure I could arrange you to have a phone-call, at least. He's real enough.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Good riddance to the stinkin' bitch lol!

Reply to
Julian Barnes

So be specific.... why can't he leave and return? ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

I think Trump is going to can a lot of these bureaucrats.

And that "dissent list" going on in State... I think it's just subterfuge to avoid firing... watch it happen anyway ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Probably something similar to the reason a quad olympic gold medal medal winner that lives in Portland can't. In that case, he was born in Somalia.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

A lie, of course.

Reply to
krw

Trump is going to can a lot of people who don't do what he wants.

Of course. He will fire all the people who know enough not to want to do what he wants, and wonder why the residue doesn't know enough to get anything done.

Ever wondered why so many of Trump's business projects ended up bankrupt?

Not Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson, who won't read this because has kill-filed me, but other - less blinkered - potential readers.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hang on to your hat...it ain't gonna git better......

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's just an application of the old Chinese "kill chicken to scare monkey" tactic for terrorizing the targeted folks.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Big mistake. The false assumption that everyone means well in their own way and just want to make the world a better place puts the planet in peril. It's the phenomenon of 'projection' and the best thing you can do is eradicate it from your mental tool-kit.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably traumatise *you* too.

Reply to