OT. Store Closings

Some are shutting down because of robbery and others due to an increase in online shopping. Companies are losing $65 billion per year due to shop lifting.

Dean Hoffman

I wonder how much they lose from theft in the warehouse and theft in delivery?

Reply to
Rick C

I'd expect that more are shutting down because of Amazon.

Reply to
jlarkin

Sensible take from Mr. Larkin...has OP seen the prices for the other crap at stores like CVS and Walgreens besides meds in cities like SF and NYC and Boston? $15 USB cables that sell for $2 per on Amazon.

A lot of this junk that was looted would've never sold to be counted towards profit in the first place.

Reply to
bitrex

Some, but retailers already treat their employees like criminals to the greatest extent they can so whatever slips by is just a cost of doing business.

Reply to
bitrex