OT: Sound in SeaMonkey

How does one get sound when visiting

?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Pretty good example of how *not* to design a web page.

It uses the non standard tag. Please refrain from using this at all, unless you want sane people to close your page within 0.5s.

v.

Reply to
vic

Click the Hava Nagila link at the bottom of the page?

"This site was recently featured on Userfriendly.Org's Link of the Day!" is an unfriendly shit site that was made with Microsoft FrontPage.

It uses the bgsound tag that only works with Internet Excreter.

Reply to
Torn Lawence

Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

Your machine needs to be able to play a "Midi" file !

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

Again, the best support for this product is at news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.seamonkey (I may have previously jumbled the URL.) also available thru Google Groups as

SeaMonkey contains an HTML Editor. Open it and: File; OpenWeb Location; [paste URL]. Alternately, from the browser: File; Edit page (or Ctrl-E)

When the page has loaded, go to the *Source* view of the page (button at the lower edge of the page). In that view, you will see "BeginningHava.mid". The file you seek is at

Paste that into your media player.

...and while you're looking at the Source Code for the page, notice the line containing "GENERATOR". As has been stated, the page is a steaming pile and was constructed by someone without the sense to use a proper tool.

Reply to
JeffM

I did not design that website. But have found that there are some browsers that require the tag. Still, how could i get sound?

Reply to
Robert Baer

So...it ain't a SeaMonkey problem?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

Not really. The browser will use the resources that your machine has available.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

Browsers other than IE may not use all of the resources your machine has. The Microsoft only tag may not be honored in seamonkey. If you want to always have the latest viruses you need to always use IE.

Reply to
MooseFET

No, the problem lies in the web page. It uses a non standard tag (not part of the HTML standard) which is understood by IE only as far as I know (and browsers which use the IE engine).

Reply to
vic

Check; "Click the Hava Nagila link" makes it work. Strange; my old NetScrape worked "automatically" and did not "pop-up" a stupid window..

Reply to
Robert Baer

But..but...motorbut...midi files play fine.

Reply to
Robert Baer

You mean i can *own* tomorrow's virii? Now all i need is a way to sell them..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

I haven't got mine setup to play midi. Glad it works for you.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.