Sound

Am I the only idiot out there with sound issues? I cant seem to get the audio working with AdvanceMame.I get a ALSA 21-something error. Tried all the suggesions I found and I'm still soundless.

Any ideas?

CM

-________________-

Christian Mason

I'm pretty much a newbie on the Pi myself, but I did initially have no sound also. However, your problem seems different. It would help if you were a bit more detailed! (:-/) (and maybe try something more direct than AdvanceMame. Maybe, in a Terminal, cd to /usr/share/sounds/alsa, and "aplay Front_Center.wav"

-- or any other wav file there. [The names don't mean much -- they're all mono...] If you get an error with that, report it here.)

My problem turned out to be a common one, that HDMI sound often requires the "hdmi_drive=2" line to be uncommented in '/boot/config.txt'. Never got any alsa errors that I remember, though.

You might try the command "aplay -l" and see what you get. You should see the "bcm2835" card.

On the off-chance that your error was actually:

Error: ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.front

I found this on the web:

Otherwise, try searching for your specific error...

HTH

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete