OT: Soak the rich, lose the rich

Reply to
James Arthur

Rush is reporting that leaving New York has become hazardous to his health. NY State has decided to audit him clear back into the '90's, though he's been living in Florida for five years.

I think anyone who lives in the Northeast deserves it.

Unfortunately we're about to be Obama-tized, taxed Federally to bail out the ass-hole-of-the-nation states.

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

Well, Obama might 'say' he is going to bail out the states, but it will really be just a power grab to tie the state governments more strongly to federal hand outs and control...

And in California, we are going to the polls today to throw a monkey wrench into Arnolds and our ineffective state legislatures illegal attempts to balance the state budget on the backs of the poor taxpayers. They have been so far from reality for so long, that the budgets are totally impossible!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I hope your vote succeeds. The news reports I'm seeing here aren't very heartening :-(

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

"Barack Obama solution to balancing the budget: Soak the rich"

This is an out and out lie. No need to read the rest of the article.

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus

"An out and out lie"? Do you have a reading comprehension problem ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

Thanks for the reminder! I'm just back from voting No, No, No, No, No, and No. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Ooh, that's a good one. Makes a boy think of bailing out of California and moving to Tennessee.

John

Good grief, google

The "lie" part is that he *won't* balance the budget.

John

Hey, John! I just got back from voting No, No, No, No, No, and No.

Hope It Works! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You and everyone else, probably. The morons in Sacramento are going to have problems. I hope they sprain their tiny brains.

John

Do you think you can tolerate all the white trash in a place like that?

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus

PLONKO ESPRESSO ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

What sort of name is "Galikanokus"?

John

Greek, If it ain't faux ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

Well, we got to vote No, No, No, No, No, No, and No! (local proposal to raise our utility tax for 'more police')

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

What problems? Just as with decriminalizing/legalizing marijuana, they'll just override the voters saying "they didn't know what they were voting for/against".

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8er

Here's the problem:

John

A very interesting one.

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus

How does California manage deficit spending? Does California state law allow borrowing? Arizona law only allows short term "bridge" borrowing.