OT: Sirloin Burger, Anyone?

...Jim Thompson

Eliminating unnecessarily inhumane and unhealthy agricultural supply side practices is hardly progressive. George Will doesn't know anything about it and is an idiot.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Nah, but I did pickup some bison last week.

Martin Riddle

Absolutely not some of George Will's best writing. I never suspected that he was the author until I saw his name at the end. He isn't often trite and smarmy.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I had some Bison at a restaurant (Left Seat?) near the Denver Airport one time... found it so lean it was tasteless. ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, Ted's (as in Ted Turner[*]), here, has Bison Burgers but their beef burgers are much better tasting.

[*] Bison is raised on his Montana ranch.
Reply to
krw

I need to check this place out:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You need to mix bison with beef and add some egg as a binder. Then it's not bad.

Martin Riddle

"I arrived at the bustling Harrisonburg-born bar and was greeted by the cheery din of happy-hour-goers under a chandelier made out a wagon wheel with bras and a glitzy disco ball."

That's enough to put a boy off his feed.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

...and if you leave out the bison I bet it's even better :) !

--

John Devereux
Reply to

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:59:51 -0400, Martin Riddle Gave us:

Which is great as it is leaner than pork, beef, and even poultry and fish.

Still $10 a pound for ground meat is a tad too much.

Cook it quick too, or it will be a tad too tough.

Good stuff, though.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

From the article: "McDonald's has been serving burgers since Ray Kroc opened his first store in Des Plaines, Illinois"

That is not exactly the case. Ray bought the name and rights/ideas from the McDonalds brothers and then built it up in a big way.

Anyhow, I think that the younger generation is just not interested. Their unique spot in the market is gone and they are now looking for the magic formula that probably is gone.

Reply to
blocher

Found a while ago: How to prepare tofu: Take pan, put oil into it let it get hot throw tofu into garbage can put steak into pan

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

:)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

You don't want lean meat for a good burger. The more fat, the better. IMHO (I'm still trying to convince my wife of this, leaner is healthier in her book.) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I think ~15% is good, less comes out dry, more shrivels ups.

When we're not rushed we grind our own. The wife's monster Kitchenaid mixer had a meat grinder attachment available so we bought it. ...Jim Thompson

Try gibnut. Better than bison, beef, chicken, and many others.

Reply to
John S

To a point I agree. But if there's two much, then the flames flaring up from the grill tend to char the meat. I like 85% for burgers.

Reply to
JW

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 03:50:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com Gave us:

I think that the entire "quick and dirty" fast food era is about to topple. Cold cuts and bread in the grocery is cheaper, and far better for you. Even real food joints are not that much more pricey.

Hell, trans fat bans will probably deal them a healthy blow.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 21:22:42 +0800, Reinhardt Behm Gave us:

Hehehe... I like this recipe.