OT: Sharing Violation

  • What the hell am i supposed to look for when Acrobat is NOT running but the file is "locked"? I have no way of guessing what the name of the handle was/is = = USELESS.
** "Progress" so far: Unlocker_1.9.1_x86_Multi.exe does absolutely nothing; it is as if i had not tried it = = USELESS.

ProcessActivityView.exe ONLY shows running processes and no more.

-Gives absolutely no more info when Acrobat running & complaining about locked file ("another process" etc BS).

-Does not show any Acrobat processes after Acrobat complaining (and it will complain if i try again) = = USELESS.

I have had and used Process Explorer and it is of zero help for this case.

If i copy the "locked" file somewhere else, the copy is OK and the original remains locked "forever" (at least until i shut down the computer).

So, my ASS-umption is that (not always) Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (full version) somehow leaves the opening handle open, and the next time it sees the handle there and thus complains.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Did you use the right click context menu on the offending file and open Unlocker? If so did you get an empty window with No Action/Kill Process/Unlock/Unlock all/Quit buttons at the bottom?

I recall similar issues many years ago, Acrobat 4 must be 10 years old given acrobat 8 was released in 2008. Operating systems and corresponding software have got more reliable over time, have you thought of upgrading?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Huh?

Current acrobat version is 11.0 Big and very bad things happened after X or 10.0.

They locked out any and all disk access. After crippling it after 8.0

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

  • Empty, useless window as you mentioned.
  • I cannot afford tie co$t of a full version. PS: I refuse to use Insipid Exasperater (unless absolutely necessary).
Reply to
Robert Baer

Check; i know from experience, at least 9.0 and later are all worse than junk. But i have the full 4.0 (make, read); copyright date 1999; "slightly" less bloated.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wasn't the Ark of the Covenant the thing that Moses had built, to carry sacred objects? The thing that Indiana Jones went after, in fiction, and some guy claimed, recently, to have found, digging in Israel?

ISTR a TV "documentary" about the latter. Unconvincing.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Different covenant. The rainbow was the one with Noah.

There are several in the Old Testament--with Adam, with Noah, with Abraham, with Jacob, with Moses. God's promises to Saul and David are a lot like the one with Abraham and Jacob, but iiuc they aren't generally called covenants.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs