OT: Serious site problem

On Tue, 08 Sep 2015 01:19:21 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

You seem like the kind of idiot who thinks stupid shit like this is OK too...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Screen grab: That's on a 1680x1050 dots display with IE8 expanded to full screen. XP SP3. IE8.0.6001.18702. Notice the arrow in the lower right. Clicking it brings me back to the top of the page. Chrome and Firefox do NOT produce the split screen or the up arrow. IE8 Compatibility View does nothing.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Duz that mean all these are also, errr... an abomination?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 22:49:36 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Absolutely so. Even those in which Capt. America poses in front of are wrong..

And nearly all the flags the last few presidents chose to use are wrong as well. Sadly, even those idiots do not/did not have anyone with any brains buying their flags. The proportions are easy to "see" once committed to and hard wired into one's memory.

Only casual twerps claiming to be patriots ignore the details of such an important symbol of our nation.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Don't sweat it, there's only one person still using Win2000.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Probably made in Elbonia is printed on the back

It's not actually the USA flag, Wrong number of stars! And the text in the image does cover part of the lowest stripe.

  \_(?)_
Reply to
Jasen Betts

Know what the gold fringe means ?

Reply to
jurb6006

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 04:55:40 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

It is not part of the flag spec.

Think of the blue thread in the Hebrew Tzitzit. The "elite" egotists among them started making various versions of theirs as some sort of status symbol. None were representative of the original meaning.

This "gold" fringe thing is just such an adulteration.

Wanna bet?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It works now (today, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:50 PST). What i did, was stupid. I fired up my Win7 HD, generated the HTML code there, and removed all so-called comments like and then it worked. The fact of the COMMENT itself was the bug!!! WTF??

So, beware all HTML programmers, your comment may work as it should (ie be ignored), or may not (ie cause W3C and browsers to barf), or create hair-pulling BUGS.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Did not work for me running XP and the latest version of Firefox.

But it does work if I load this in Firefox URL box:

Maybe an HTML coding error?

Reply to
JW

Still not working for me (Firefox + XP)

Reply to
JW

The web page source doesn't seem to have any expiration time, so you might be reading the old page from your browser cache. In Firefox, your can force a refresh with: You may need to do it more than once.

Or, you can wipe the entire cache with: Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content -> Clear Now

See if that helps.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Nope, I did both of your suggestions and it's still not working. If I right-click "save link as" or right-click "open in new tab" I can get the .pdfs. It's like the buttons themselves just don't work. No big deal. Thanks.

Reply to
JW

If nothing happens when you click on a link with a file extension (such as .PDF), you might be missing or have a mangled definition for what to do with a .PDF file. In Firefox, go thee unto: about:preferences#applications Search for PDF and make sure it's there and functional. Mine says "Always Ask" with several different PDF viewers, along with "preview in Firefox" and "Save File".

"Still not working" is a rather useless description. Describing what you did, and what happened, is far more useful.

What happens when you click the PDF link? Any error messages? What happens when you go to some other web site and click a PDF link? If they act the same, it's likely that you have a problem with your browser or browser settings. However, if only the Oil4Less site fails, then it's probably something in the web page or web server.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I already have Firefox set to always ask what to do. I hate opening pdfs in a browser window.

As I said, when I left-click on the buttons nothing at all happens. When I hover the mouse over the buttons, the color of the button changes. I can see the URL link in the lower left hand corner of the webpage, but that's it.

Nothing.

Nope.

Firefox always asks me what to do, except on the Oil4Less site. No problems anywhere else.

Nope. Browser and settings are fine.

Since that's the only site I have this problem with, I suspect you're right.

Reply to
JW

I can confirm this behavior for PDF links on this page using older Mozilla (Seamonkey 2.0.14), but working for Firefox 40.0.2, even with its 'scripts forbidden' warning, in W7. First attempt with either on that web page, ever.

You can get working right-click options to open or save, but a single or double left-click with mouse does nada. There is coloured response to hovering.

RL

RL

Reply to
legg

I have been having problems getting my Oil4Less(R) site working with PDFs, and so far, one must use a "modern" OS like XP, Win7, etc; Win2K fails. I have seen variations in operation as FF changes versions. Maybe a "fix" is possible for this moving target via css and/or js. Which browser and version are you using - so that i may try it? Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Color change is due to css. Check, i have seen that as well - most especially in Win2K; trying to fix it drives me nuts. Any ideas?

Reply to
Robert Baer

No experience with css. No use for slick web presentations.

You might just add a visible text line: If link to pdf doesn't work, then 'save as' or 'open in new tab/window' manually.

Acknowledging the issue might get some feddback/suggestions from visitors, but you shouldn't hold your breath.

RL

Reply to
legg

  • Also, please try the logwell.com site (Analog Services, where the Codaron(R) first sold and you will find basically the same datasheets.
Reply to
Robert Baer