REF-01

I was looking for a fairly steady input to my VCO, to check frequency stability, and remembered my old 10 volt REF-01 box. It's powered by a

14 volt wall-wart. I built and tweaked it about 10 years ago.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nice. I used a 10V Ref01 with 0.1% R's as a current source (compliance voltage sucked.. ~6V.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Presumably it has high input resistance so you can RC filter the heck out of it

Reply to
bulegoge

Is that to me or JL? The current source has a fet-opamp follower in the loop. Feeding the common of the REF01. (From AoE2 end of the chapter circuit ideas.)

GH

Reply to
George Herold

The VCO? No, it will be inside a fast PLL.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I used to use a fair number of those in one-offs. The temperature output was useful too.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

** I've been using a Nat Semi LH0070-1H for about 30 years to check and calibrate my various DMMs.

The 10V reference is fed from a 15V regualtor - both in TO5 pak.

The ten volt output is divided down by a string of 0.1% precision resistors to get accurate 1V and 100mV references.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison