OT: role of government

From an investment newsletter:

"I am a new subscriber and have yet to form an opinion about your investment expertise. However, I am highly amused and ingratiated by your relentless pursuit of OBAMA!. The role of government in our lives has gotten ridiculous. The level of taxation on anyone with a work ethic is extraordinary and getting rapidly worse.

"I am an ER physician and see firsthand what most people don't... the ravaging effects of social programs on the ethics and morals of dependent individuals. Not only do they lack any sense of self-esteem, they have a raging sense of entitlement. Complaints about care inevitably come from individuals that are not emergencies and have the 'card.' The 'card' of course, is Medicaid, which pays such a ridiculously low amount that it costs the ER money to treat these people. So, who pays? The working insured. Yet another hidden tax. Keep unveiling the truth, even when the unenlight ened want to believe otherwise." ? Paid-up subscriber John

Reply to
Robert Baer