OT: Protestors

I'll be polite calling them that. Just try, as a westerner, going to one of those ME countries and exhibiting the slightest clue that you're a Christian and see how welcoming and tolerant the locals are towards you. We seem to be hell-bent on religious and cultural suicide.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Have you ever been to the middle east or central Asia?

I've cycled from Scotland to India, and I can tell you that some of the friendliest people you can meet are in the Muslim countries demonized by the US. In particular Iranians would put themselves out of their way to make you most welcome. Of course, it probably helps if you aren't American.

On the other hand there are a few Muslim countries typified by Saudi Arabia how have little respect for Christianity.

Reply to
JM

It's no small irony that the ME countries the US is on the best terms with diplomatically are inhabited by hostile zealots, while countries like Iran which are modern, technologically self-sufficient, have large secular populations, and for the most part lack a high level of internal ethnic and religious conflict are considered to be mortal enemies.

Reply to
bitrex

Money Trumps everything else.

Immigration Ban 9/11 Hijackers Egypt Yes Iran Yes Iraq Yes Lebanon Yes Lybia Yes Saudia Arabia Yes Somalia Yes Sudan Yes Syria Yes UAE Yes Yemen Yes

If anyone is interested they can fill in a third column "Trump business interests".

Reply to
JM

More like "American business interests." Trump didn't start doing business in those countries in a vacuum, by his own fiat. It was similar under Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, and Bush, and...

Reply to
bitrex

Of course. And I agree the Iranians are among the nicest people out there; lovely, lovely people (the secular ones, I mean). And despite everything, great Anglophiles with a deep appreciation for (almost) everything English. Very humbling to meet 'em it was. Sigh....

Reply to
Cursitor Doom