OT: News of This Disease is So Depressing

Mostly because so much of what is happening was preventable and what is goi ng to happen can still be prevented, but won't be.

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that New York City is in need of all manner of medical equipment. The Pentagon has ventilators in storage b y the thousands. They have been told to ship them. But it is taking DAYS for anyone in the US government to tell them WHERE to ship!!!

I guarantee Mayor Bill de Blasio can come up with a street address or two i n very short order.

WTF is wrong with this country that we can't figure out how to get our head s out of our asses and make a few simple things happen???

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Government can't do anything right.

I mean they could but then they can't get elected by telling Republicans it can't.

Reply to
bitrex

going to happen can still be prevented, but won't be.

of all manner of medical equipment. The Pentagon has ventilators in stora ge by the thousands. They have been told to ship them. But it is taking D AYS for anyone in the US government to tell them WHERE to ship!!!

wo in very short order.

heads out of our asses and make a few simple things happen???

Apparently Trump just announced tonight that we may have as many as 240,000 deaths which is now the new threshold defining "a great job".

The number for today was posted at worldometers and it is back to the previ ous pattern of a 22% growth in the daily new cases number.

Now that stay at home orders are in place... finally... we should expect to see more improvement in the numbers this week.

I don't have a predictive model. I'm just looking at various ways of measu ring the existing progress. But if they are talking about 250,000 deaths i n the US, this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Wh y can't we seem to do much about it?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

oing to happen can still be prevented, but won't be.

f all manner of medical equipment. The Pentagon has ventilators in storage by the thousands. They have been told to ship them. But it is taking DAY S for anyone in the US government to tell them WHERE to ship!!!

in very short order.

ads out of our asses and make a few simple things happen???

Donald Trump? Administration by a team of sycophants?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Where is that previous mayor of New York? You know, that guy who was all over 9/11.

Why isn't he pushing for ventilators?

Now I've gone and forgotten his name - so he can't be very important...so let's just call him Toady.

John :-#(#

Reply to
John Robertson

Pinto-math

Reply to
bitrex

At one point having fewer deaths than Red China might have been considered a matter of national pride.

In 2020 having fewer deaths than China is considered a financial loser, and you can always re-write history in such a way that China "actually" had a lot more and that story will sell to who you need to sell it to

Reply to
bitrex

is going to happen can still be prevented, but won't be.

ed of all manner of medical equipment. The Pentagon has ventilators in sto rage by the thousands. They have been told to ship them. But it is taking DAYS for anyone in the US government to tell them WHERE to ship!!!

two in very short order.

r heads out of our asses and make a few simple things happen???

00 deaths which is now the new threshold defining "a great job".

vious pattern of a 22% growth in the daily new cases number.

to see more improvement in the numbers this week.

suring the existing progress. But if they are talking about 250,000 deaths in the US, this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Why can't we seem to do much about it?

No, you weren't listening very well. He said that deaths could be as high a s 2.2 MILLION if people just conducted business as normal, exactly what Bil l de Blasio was telling NYers 6 weeks ago.

Cuomo wants Trump to give him ALL of the respirators they have in reserve. Let me see, that's all their inventory going to ONE of FIFTY states. The ot her governors might take exception with that.

Reply to
Flyguy

t is going to happen can still be prevented, but won't be.

need of all manner of medical equipment. The Pentagon has ventilators in s torage by the thousands. They have been told to ship them. But it is taki ng DAYS for anyone in the US government to tell them WHERE to ship!!!

or two in very short order.

our heads out of our asses and make a few simple things happen???

ans

,000 deaths which is now the new threshold defining "a great job".

revious pattern of a 22% growth in the daily new cases number.

t to see more improvement in the numbers this week.

easuring the existing progress. But if they are talking about 250,000 deat hs in the US, this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Why can't we seem to do much about it?

as 2.2 MILLION if people just conducted business as normal, exactly what B ill de Blasio was telling NYers 6 weeks ago.

. Let me see, that's all their inventory going to ONE of FIFTY states. The other governors might take exception with that.

Your ignorance is very tiring and exactly the sort of attitude that makes t his so hard to deal with. You are best ignored, I think I'll do that.