OT: New Toys

And if you learn to view the left screen with your right eye and vice-versa, you get free 3-D!

Reply to
Brian

I am surrounded by desk, still not enough room. But, I never have to put one project away to work on another!

I think maybe desks seem smaller when you are a slob like me :)

Reply to
Brian

I use a Matrox Dual Head 2 Go with a Dell M70, so I could have a 3968x1024 display. I only use a pair of 1280x1024 LCDs, though. I see Matrox have brought out a Triple Head to Go now, got any discount vouchers left, Jim?

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

Which I have. And I don't know how I got along with just two monitors for so long...

Thomas

-

A thoughtful pause, then resumes the prince, "We must Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, and look Forward to Tomorrow, for The Past be The Present, and No Less The Future."

Reply to
RoyalHeart

Hmm. I almost forgot a.b.s.e. Make that four monitors. And make sure you use the highest res. unit for the binaries n.g. Wouldn't want to miss any of the details in those ASCII schematics.

;-)

Applying information technology is simply finding the right wrench
to pound in the correct screw.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Dont laugh. one of the graphics guys at work has 5 monitors.

Reply to
The Real Andy

**Very handy Jim. I have a mate who trades currencies and he uses five such monitors, in a kind of 'wrap-around' system on his desk. Very cool.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

ViewSonic has racks for up to 4...

but way too expensive, I have mine sitting side-by-side.

It's still somewhat disconcerting to me to drag the mouse pointer from one monitor to the other ;-)

...Jim Thompson

**Yeah, well, people who actually do real work cannot afford exotic monitor arrays. Currency traders, OTOH.......
**You'll get used to it. I've played with my mate's system and find it rather nice.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Ever see a movie called 'The Zero Effect'? I've got images of that guy's setup stuck in my head.

c (velocity of light in a vacuum) = 1.8x10^12 furlongs per fortnight
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:17:02 +1000, "Trevor Wilson" Gave us:

I use 32" ViewSonics.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs