OT: New Toys

My second ViewSonic VA912b came today and I now have it set up so I can see both schematic and simulation output at the same time...

...Jim Thompson

You didn't go for the widescreen after all, eh?

Looks nice... and nice sunglasses...!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I debated and debated, decided on 2X standard aspect ratio so I can view schematic and Probe simultaneously... and still fit it on the desk ;-)

Turns out I can also view a schematic across both screens... 29" wide by 12" high when I'm drafting... ATI Radeon 9600.

Carrera's ;-)

...Jim Thompson

OT reply.

I sometimes judge a book by its cover. The DOS Power Tools has seen its share of wear and tear.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

Yes. Every computer needs 2 screens. That's why God gave us 2 eyes :)

Reply to
mc

Twenty-some years ago I was a DOS guru. Now I doubt that I could actually write a decent batch file ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Is that a Keytronic or a magtronic? My Magtronic is 17 years old! Cant beat the tactile key movements, still works great.

Martine Riddle

You need a bigger desk. That would drive me nuts. I need at least 30in deep and 5ft wide.

--
Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
Principal Laser&Electronics Technologist
Sandia National Laboratories CA USA
crcarleRemoveThis@BOGUSsandia.gov
NOTE, delete texts: "RemoveThis" and
"BOGUS" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Carlen

[snip]

Seems like every computer I buy comes with a keyboard... $2 cheaper if you delete the keyboard, so I take 'em and toss 'em in the closet.

I've been using this one for years... it is quite pleasantly tactile.

It's labeled...

NMB Technologies Inc. Hi-Tek Keyboard Division

Made in Thailand

...Jim Thompson

At my right arm is a full-sized "writing desk" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Looks like you need some cable management Jim!!!!

Reply to
Lord Garth

Makes you wonder how you ever got along with just one screen......

--
James T. White
Reply to

The PC's are on a roll-out dolly.

One of these days I'm going to have a custom desk done where I can get to the backside.

...Jim Thompson

Yep. I love it.

...Jim Thompson

Mine's bigger than yours. Although admittedly I am not a freak of nature, I'm only equipped with one.

Very nice. How long have you had them? Are you using VGA or DVI input? Any noticeable difference in picture quality between VGA and DVI?

I might be in the market for a new monitor (or two) soon. The anti-glare coating on my Mitsubishi 74SB is peeling - first time I've ever seen a CRT do

*that*... Only three months outside the three-year warranty, too. With the gaps in the coating, the front of the screen is picking up hellish amounts of static...

I've been looking at the BenQ FP71G and the Viewsonic VX724. What I really don't want is a monitor with a bunch of dead pixels on it, so that rules out most of the cheapies. I've heard Bad Things (tm) about Viewsonic customer service though - have they gotten any better?

The Xerox XA7-172i also looks interesting, primarily because of the impact-resistant cover over the TFT. I'm a clumsy git, given half a chance...

Thanks.

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@despammed.com (valid!)| Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G

Jim,

If I can help it, I'll never go back to having only one monitor. For me a serious benefit comes from using LCD mounts to place the monitors up above my desk surface. MUCH more desk space! You might consider that.

Like this:

-Rob

Reply to
Group

The first one a week ago, the second one as of yesterday. I had a nice collection of discounts from OfficeMax (where I have a commercial account), so I ordered the first monitor. Damned if they didn't E-mail me some more discount coupons, so I ordered the second. The first one cost me net $203, the second net $223, so a pretty good deal.

[snip]

The left monitor is SVGA due to the use of a KVM switch to move it from the "communications" machine, PSpice machine, a guest machine and my laptop.

The right monitor is DVI and is directly connected to the PSpice machine.

The DVI is slightly sharper, but not by a lot.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson typed in news:// snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

With a lot of monitors you can connect both inputs and use the switch on the monitor to select them.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

You need a third monitor. How else can you keep an eye on s.e.d?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Why are so many towns named after water towers?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.