OT: Mouseprint

OK, this is a mini-rant, I admit.

I'm one of those who gets easily annoyed with mouseprint in TV ads, and fak ed or obviously PhotoShopped "Before & After" comparison images. I think I 've gotten pretty good at spotting even the most clever marketing ploys on TV.

But tonight, I just realized an ad I've seen many times has a tricky little subliminal undertone. It's one of those IRS Tax Ads where the company cla ims to settle your debt for pennies on the dollar. Well, in this ad, there 's a calculator on center screen right and someone's entering numbers while the ad's spokesperson is blathering away. It got as high as $1.27 Billion dollars (or something like that). Honestly, who has tax problems like tha t (well, excepting Bernie Madoff)?

Reply to
mpm

How about all those ads for Digital TV antennas that claim to get local digital signals "As good or better than with Cable", then show a simulated image?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Had to use antenna tonight. Pictures much better than my comcast cable. Cable still out.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Did you pay the cable bill? :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Boy do I pay.

Greg