OT: Motion Detector Socket?

A friend of mine is getting forgetful in her old age and is always leaving the porch light on all night. I'm looking for a PIR motion detector that will screw into an existing lamp socket. In other words, not one of the dual floodlamp types that you need to mount to the wall. I've seen socket adapters that use photo detectors to turn on at dusk and off at dawn but have yet to find a motion detector in that type of package. I know I could hack one myself, but I hate to cut into my beer drinking time if I can buy my way out of it. Any ideas?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks Rich. I swear I did a similar Google search yesterday and didn't get anywhere. Must have had too much English on it.

Thanks again

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

The Home Trends catalog has them (along with an amazing amount of schlock), so a good quality hardware store might have them too. Kind of pricey as I remember, $35 or so.

I think it's

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier