OT: milestone, the x-Chapters

I thought of that but you have to control the oscillation. It's not enough to slow it down with the 2 allowed caps because you have to catch it at a peak. Then I thought the JFETs could make it latch but that would be like the forbidden switching.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Crabby lately, I guess. But this extended teasing is getting boring.

lunatic fringe electronics

As soon as you and Phil, etc., are finished thinking about it as a puzzle, I'll put up the section, and paper reference. Ready yet?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Good grief, it's not even your idea.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yeah! I've got my guess and if you post something I won't have to spice or bread board it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yes, it's not my idea, but it's a great idea. (Only a fraction of the cool stuff in our book is ours. But we do enjoy giving attribution.)

It was published in 2012, yet nobody seems to know about it. The concept is simple, but the implementation is subtle. It's powerful and easily applied, so I felt that it needs to get published and promoted.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'll check the thread again in a couple of months and see if it's revealed.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yep, you and Phil, I think, were done playing the game, so I put it up. 9-decade transimpedance amplifier

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

where?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have a current product that uses essentially that technique, minus the seventeen extraneous op amps. ;)

It uses a bootstrapped cascode with multiple loads in the collector circuit, with low-capacitance Schottky diodes connected to low-Z bias levels to keep the whole string from saturating, and diff amps to pull out the linear response. It's reasonably fast as well as wide range, though not as wide as 1e9.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs