OT McElligot's Pool

Quite a few of the ones who post here rely on Fox News and Town Hall for information, and don't seem to have noticed that they are selective in the news they report, and equally selective in picking out the bits of the news that they do report in a way that made Trump and his supporters look slightly less idiotic. You do seem to be one of them.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Old joke: There are Republicans who call themselves Republicans, and there are Republicans who call themselves Democrats...

If the actual "radical left" had any real power in America, America would be a much different place. There'd probably be a national healthcare system, for one thing.

Man a lot of those unga-bunga/me-so-solly illustrations in those books were racist for 1937, much less 2021.

Nobody put a gun to the publisher's head and told them to stop doing it, companies make decisions like this all the time. Giving a big f*ck-you to the libs by continuing to publish the unga-bunga cartoon books may please some wingnuts, but it's not great PR and could be bad for business which is the primary concern of most business, seems a rational reason enough to me.

Reply to
bitrex

Impossible to conceive any conservative blacks or not-communist Chinese were dismayed at some company still selling the unga bunga and me-so-solly cartoons for a buck in 2021, I know. Da libs did it.

Reply to
bitrex

Nay, I don't think anyone (under 70-80) believes the news is un-biased anymore. You've got news on the left and news on the right... I'd bet most independents see that.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

"smirk", The radical left took over Seattle for a bit... how'd that work out? GH

Reply to
George Herold

It's still "allowed". It kinda' sounds like you want it "required".

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Sorry about your picture books, George. Them goose-steppers will always have your back, so long as you remember to always do exactly as your told.

Reply to
bitrex

If you don't understand the difference between photos of real Africans in NG and the issue under discussion I don't know what to tell ya.

Reply to
bitrex

The Republican Party faces a choice which they will likely take, if not already have: when market capitalism and representative democracy cease to serve white-majority interests the best, market capitalism and democracy have to die.

The communists find this grimly amusing and in fact have predicted it before, e.g. "The revolution's enemies can also take the initiative, and indeed as a rule they tend to exercise it more regularly than does the revolution."

bitrex

"To summarize Bartels’s claims, white Republicans who have come to oppose democracy do so, in part, because they don’t like those whom they believe democracy serves. And, more than that, they believe that the interests of nonwhite Americans have been given priority over the interests of their racial group. Many white Americans seem to be asking themselves, Why act in defense of a democracy that benefits 'those people'?"

I expect most won't be able to come up with any particularly good reasons. But will eventually sniff their way to the idea that it's finally corporations who are the ones wielding the real power to pull their favorite bigot-books off the sales shelves. Joseph Goebbels came to the same realization about 1920 and was similarly annoyed.

Reply to
bitrex

After weeks of "bipartisan negotiation" the "compromise"-Biden stimulus package passed with Harris as the tiebreaker and not a single Republican voted for it anyway, so it's hard not to conclude that what "bipartisan negotiation" means in this circumstance is "the Democrats were negotiating with themselves" - sounds like they push back on each other just fine.

The Republican "civil war" was fought and over five years ago when Trump became the presidential nominee, now as then few dare go against him if they value their careers and/or lives.

Almost like it had been just a big party of goose-steppers and Roman-salute-throwers for quite a while, waiting on their messiah to appear.

Reply to
bitrex

That was just the mopping up operation. The Koch brothers funded the Tea Party Movement to turn the Republican Party into an arm of the lobbying industry rather earlier than that, and the Republican Party members who could stomach that were a pretty dire bunch, and no real competition for Donald Trump when he went after the Republican Party presidential nomination

. When big business buys up a political party, they are more interested in getting biddable people in control of it than they are in getting people with enough character to look messianic.

Trump isn't remotely messianic, but he's a self-confident narcissist, which is close enough for lots of political purposes. He does have quite a few vocal supporters - though nowhere near enough to get him re-elected - which is making it difficult for the party to get rid of him. Anybody who had enough sense to see that Trump was a disaster got out long ago, and the process of getting rid of him may take quite a while.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Watching Ted Cruz, former presidential candidate himself, get transformed into a totally servile beast of burden for Trump who did basically nothing but abuse and insult the man and his family for the same time is almost worth the price of admission.

The most nutless politician in American politics. Some guys are just born for it I guess

Reply to
bitrex