OT McElligot's Pool

McElligot's Pool

?This book is dedicated to
T.R. Geisel of Springfield Mass.,
The Worlds Greatest Authority
on Blackfish, Fiddler Crabs and Deegel Trout?

It can still be found abroad. Here
https://b-ok.cc/book/1163621/c33b56

I can't believe they canceled a book about sitting by a pool
and maybe catching something big.
Besides it's dedicated to his Dad!
Maybe it's the fishing the woke left objects to.
(cry or make a joke.. my two options.)

George H.

Re: OT McElligot's Pool

Was anybody buying it? It costs money - not a lot - to keep a book in print
.

https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-AC-Bridges-B-Kibble/dp/0852743890

is now out of print. For while the UK National Physical Laboratory would pr
int off individual copies and get them bound, but they gave up on that. The
 copy on my shelf is now worth roughly $1,000, which is lot more than I pai
d for it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT McElligot's Pool

And amusingly Geisel had the same politics as theirs.  I notice nobody's
tried cancelling The Lorax or The Butter Battle Book. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Yeah he got a little too preachy for my tastes in his later books.
I searched for Deegel trout and found this.
https://seussblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/mcelligots-pool/

Caldecott winner 1947, removed from the catalog 2021.
It's totally insane... I've seen zero push back from the left.
(To the contrary they all seem to agree that it's a good thing
these offensive images have been taken off the shelves.)

George H.
Oh, Deegel trout were purchased from the Deegel hatchery
in the event of an unsuccessful fishing expedition.
I'm certainly going trout fishing this spring, and raising a pint
to T.R. Geisel.