OT: Latest Data Dump

It was on the wiki page on the "Birther" conspiracy theory. Which you snipped.

While you are there on YT try a quick search for "moon landing hoax", "sandy hook hoax", "911 hoax", "round earth hoax". Or do you believe all those too?

You did say you get a lot of your information from the National Enquirer.

So Trump was right then, but is lying now. Is that it?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

OK, fine. I'll waste my valuable time looking into the background of this lying bastard before commenting further. ...And if you're *still* not awake as to what really happened WRT 9/11 and Sandy Hook then there's not much hope for you, I'm sorry to say.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Devereux is a troll... at least I don't think he really believes the shit he spins. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

e US Post Office should provide everyone with a secure encrypted email addr ess with the same Federal protections as snail mail. The US Post Office is in the Constitution because our society could not function without secure p rivate communication. This wouldn't preclude the existence of private email anymore than the post office eliminates UPS and Fedex.

That's like equating your social security number with a P.O. Box. Who cares if people have more than one email address? I'm talking about privacy, sec urity and the protections the Federal government gives to regular mail.

Reply to
Wanderer

..and a 100% certified douchebag asshole. Full ot overfowling of s*1t.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

(Re)read my first paragraph.

There's an old cryptographers' maxim: "if you think cryptography will solve your problem, you don't understand cryptography and you don't understand your problem".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sounds like you have already made up your mind doesn't it? It seemed like a plausible explanation to me. There are more extensive corroborations the "birther" wiki page you snipped.

Like I said, *even trump* accepts this.

I think 9/11 was the work of islamist terrorists and that Sandy Hook was the result of a single deranged scumbag.

Err... I am afraid to ask, but "what really happened" then?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Well I don't think I am a troll. E.g. I never start these inflammatory political threads. Unlike some :) I usually try to avoid contributing to them too but sometimes I seem to get drawn in, against my better judgement... :)

In case it is not totally clear, I was pointing out that there are any number of wacky "conspiracy" theories out there, and just because there are "videos on youtube" does not make them any more true.

"moon landings" and "round earth" are examples of search phrases which bring up videos supporting ridiculous conspiracy theories. "9/11" and "Sandy Hook" do too, but they are also recent tragedies so perhaps it was insensitive to mention them as a rhetorical device. In which case I apologize.

Thanks

--

John Devereux
Reply to

OK, I'll throw you a bone. Here are just two questions that seriously need to be answered in my view (and that of other "conspiracy nuts" you deride.)

9/11: It wasn't just the two main World Trade Centre towers that collapsed that day. There was a third substantial skyscraper that the mainstream media never mention. That building was named WTC7 aka the 'Solomon Building' and it collapsed like the other two, but without being hit by *any* aircraft. How could that possibly happen?

Sandy Hook: This man is *supposed to be* the father of a young girl killed in the attack. Does his casual, relaxed and smiling demeanour at the beginning of the clip strike you as normal for someone whose child has just been murdered?

If this very brief introduction to the subject doesn't at least arouse your curiosity and prompt you to want to look further into these events then there's really nothing more I can do. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" as they say. Anyhoo, check out the two videos at least and see what, if anything, you make of them.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

US Post Office should provide everyone with a secure encrypted email addres s with the same Federal protections as snail mail. The US Post Office is in the Constitution because our society could not function without secure pri vate communication. This wouldn't preclude the existence of private email a nymore than the post office eliminates UPS and Fedex.

You might be unaware that the Post Office now images every piece of mail sent. If you mailed a card to Grandma, they've got pictures of it (and possibly the contents) on file. All because one jerk mailed a few nasty letters sixteen years ago.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

One sheet (20-stamps) of "Forever" stamps lasts me about two years ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Shall I prepare M'lord his supper? What else must I do..to please thee...

Nice entitlement, brah

Reply to
bitrex

Have you taken the first step towards enlightenment by procuring copies of those two books I suggested? No? Thought not.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

When lefties can't retort scientifically they turn into smug assholes with snotty "jokes"... thinking that is a diversion... idiots. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Den onsdag den 8. marts 2017 kl. 00.10.32 UTC+1 skrev Cursitor Doom:

does the leaks actually say they _are_ spying, you can that they _can_ spy?

it's is no surprise that CIA have all kinds of spy tools available, that is their job. Just like guns, bombs etc. it is what is done with those tools that can be a problem, not the tools themselves

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

When I see an EE term I don't understand on SED I type it into Google and attempt to do my homework on my own before pestering the actual EEs busy having a conversation, yeah.

Reply to
bitrex

Pretty sure I never asked to have my dick held around here and certainly nobody offered, so why I should be a dick-holder I definitely couldn't tell ya. ;-)

Reply to
bitrex

Fire, it would seem. At the end of the video it refers to NIST.

They have a pretty clear overview of what happened:

Sorry I am not clicking on that one. The reason is that I do not wish to risk enriching further someone who makes money by tormenting the bereaved parents of murdered little children.

It's part of the online "fake news" phenomenon, where the more outrageous and incendiary the claim, the more money is made (by the youtube monetization system or by google adsense or by advertising revenue in the case of the former MSM).

There was a segment on the radio a few weeks ago about some of this (online trolls and the "hoaxer" / "truther" phenomenon). I don't know if you cought it, it was on the World Service. Here I found it:

It was an interview with Lenny Pozner, who lost his 6-year old son in the massacre. Along with the other parents he has since been hounded by "truthers" and "conspiracy theorists", via online harrassment and death threats.

He is unusual in that before the tragedy he too was a bit of a "conspiracy nut"! At one time "questioning whether the moon landing was real and arguing over whether 9/11 was an ?inside job.? So he knew the type from the inside so to speak.

I can't imagine quite how he felt when his former colleagues in trolldom started claiming his murdered son never existed and was just one of many child actors. He has since "changed sides" and attempted to engage with the conspiracy theorist "community", providing a bit of "ground truth" perhaps. He also started a website dedicated to fighting the trolls.

Thanks

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I kind of just *knew* I was wasting my time with you and now you've proved it. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" was an entirely appropriate quote.

Time for you to join fellow trolls...

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I watched your "building 7" video. The NIST page - the first thing I looked for since they were mentioned - debunked it thoroughly.

I did not watch the Sandy Hook one for the reasons I already gave, but have read the wiki page and listened to some interviews with the parents / witnesses.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

OK, well, sorry you feel like that.

Thanks,

--

John Devereux