[OT] I'm Available for Work

You'll have to find a new hiding place for your wallet ;D

Things are slowing at a faster pace now, some of the shipments at the company I work for are being pushed further out in time, demand is waning.

Martin Riddle

Didn't you need someone for a job staring at online parts web sites a while back? I'm definitely qualified to stare at web sites and look dissatisfied

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Aren't the next generation of turbines supposed to be enclosed like a jet turbine? If there is a mesh on the front that should cut down...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

You must be a real blast at a party, I am sure of that.

Most experts know to walk away from the party, and leave the likes of you holding the bill.

What a dunsel.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

One of the guys here does occasional parts searches for us.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com
[...]

Just a hint: Mention analog along with some details under the capabilities tab on your web site. But be prepared for people banging down your door once they find out. That's a field where there isn't much active talent left. Many of the seasoned folks are now in assisted living or beyond (no kidding).

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Memo. Never go to party with Jamie - not that anybody in their right mind would. Not only would he be appalling company, but he'd try and stick you with the bill. And he's dumb enough to admit it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ups --

s to

by

id

. in Physical Chemistry. This does mean that I'm well enough educated to ha ve been allowed to Join the IEEE (after a couple of guys at EMI Central Res earch had said that I could design respectable electronics) but doesn't imm ediately suggest that I could stick transistors together in a useful way (w hich I had to learn to do to be able to complete the Ph.D.).

Sure. Using the bits you stuck together to get a Ph.D. does add a certain c achet.

If I'd ever got around to publishing my Ph.D. results, it might have added more, but not with the people who subsequently hired me.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Thanks. I need to update that -- my training is in analog, but I hadn't been claiming it because most of my experience while working for "the man" had been embedded software.

However, in the last ten or twelve years I've been doing complete systems solutions, with analog -> ADC -> microprocessor -> DAC -> analog. So, analog, even power electronics up to a few hundred watts. Not as good as you, but still analog.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Means your head is so far up your ass you can't see any real data... only the BS that PhD's thrive on.

Your "academic qualification" is worthless... you're a dud who can't get it up >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Oh, I can show that sort of detail. ;-)

krw

The most hilarious party I ever went to was all lawyers... talk about BORING!

...Jim Thompson

It'll be paid for by everyone, particularly the poor, in inflation. The tab for Obama will be coming due, too.

Reply to
krw

A pusher, huh? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Your humor is kind of dry, that is, if you can call it that.

sounds more like some cranky old fart that lost his marbles.

I'd tell you a joke about UDP, unfortunately you may not get it!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

A better trained and better educated work force is more productive, and pays more taxes on its higher incomes.

US productivity went up faster when the country was getting more equal, and slowed down when Reagan got the ball rolling on making it less equal.

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson doesn't pay attention to that kind of detail, and it wasn't programmed in when krw was imprinted with his opinions.

Bernie Sanders may be the only US politician who understands the message of the book, not that I've seen any evidence that he has actually read it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

se groups --

h posts to

illed" by

t lead to

hat

ng valid

do

mmediately disqualifies Jamie and Joey Hey.

nd would.

the bill. And he's dumb enough to admit it.

Jamie's family gets to listen to one of them all the time.

Not a promising subject for levity. I got a job in 1979 because I'd read mo st of a IEEE Proceedings devoted to local area networks, and understood it. The UDP was invented in 1980, by which time I'd worked out that the practi cal application was pretty tedious, even if the ideas are cute.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I've noticed lately that people are harassing us, practically begging us, to do analog stuff. But too many are small-scale physics fads, which are unlikely to be enough volume to be profitable.

lunatic fringe electronics

And there was I thinking that Highland Electronics was all about providing bespoke electronics for physicists who couldn't read "The Art of Electronics".

Presumably it requires a critical mass of physicists to initiate a design - although granting John dubious design skills, a "reaction" might be more accurate.

With U-235 it's only 50 kilograms. With physicists rather more must have to be willing to part with an arm and a leg.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--sp