OT: Hurricane Irene

I want to suggest a new game: Hurricane Buzzword Bingo

First person to collect the following wins:

Catching anyone, especially TV weather anchors, using the phrase "Hunker down" TV weather anchors who repeatedly use the term "if you will". TV weather anchors who repeatedly use any of the words "catastrophic, extreme, major" to discuss winds less than 74 mph.

I don't mean to make light of the issues; I mean, we lost power for 3 weeks during Wilma. But come on..! A little less hype, and a bit more analysis.

And really, since when did weather forecasters become experts in earthquakes? What? Like they're the default go-to guys for anything Mother Nature?

Note to self: look up the word origins of "hunker down". That's got to be most idiotic term ever, and I only ever hear it in relation to hurricanes.

Reply to
mpm

You don't get it, It's one of the few professions where they can tell you what they want, even if it isn't correct and get away with it.

Sort of like Obama and his goonies

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

?

Or Michele Bachmann, no... make that Rick Perry.

Reply to
mpm