OT: How stupid are people getting?

Spotted an item on the TeeVee Nooz that made me split a gut - you can't hardly make this stuff up:

Admittedly, two guys from the "New York City Department of Environmental Protection" opened the manhole, thought, "Gee, maybe we should go get some cones" and this bimbo, texting, steps right into it.

Of course, it's everybody else's fault - never mind she was texting rather than WATCHING WHERE SHE WAS GOING!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

le.raw.2.1081403.html

What good would the cones have done? If they were there she would have tripped over them and hopefully killed herself.

Reply to
bob.jones5400

le.raw.2.1081403.html

The two guys could have closed the hole before they went off to get cones... or were they contractors?

Was her phone found ok?

I bet she's a celebrity at her school now...

"Because of their careless mistake I got hurt." What about her careless mistake? Lucky she didn't get hit by a truck while texting...

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

They smoke, drink cheap booze, and have hordes of ignorant kids, too.

Michael A. Terrell

up:

They were from the department of environmental protection, therefore probably not too brignt. And i'd bet real money that they're unionized.

It didn't say, but it did say that she lost a shoe in the sewage. and didn't want it back. ;-)

Exactly. And Osama^H^H^H^Hbama and his cronies want _YOU_ to pay for the consequences of her negligence.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise