OT: Hosts file redux

The PHB was complaining that our Samba server was responding very slowly, and finally let me have some time to see if I could fix it - so I went to google and found one:

It happens that our Samba server for the LAN and our web server and gateway for the web are on the same box. So, I was guessing it's spyware and adware bots that are slowing us down. So I dropped in the hosts file, rebooted, and apparently I guessed right - he's happy and it (our "server") doesn't seem to be bogging down as much, if at all. (albeit it might interfere with his pr0n sites, but that's not really my problem is it?) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It might be if you have to take their place. 8-O

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy and tasty with barbecue sauce.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.