OT: Here ya go...

Bedplasser? Not a term of abuse I heard used between adults in the Netherlands.

He might have been trying for mierenneuker - nit-picker - though the literal translation implies having sexual congress with ants, which is a Dutch coinage that I did find amusing.

Most likely Joey Hey is just being as dim-witted and ill-informed as usual ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bet-weter.

you disappoint me, Bill.

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Giving the druggies as much as they want rather than what they need would curtail demand a lot quicker.

But it seems too many people have a problem with that approach.

Reply to
Ian Field

The people dispensing the drugs want their customers to walk away happy, which does limit the size of the dose that the customers can self-administer on the spot.

The bureaucratic complications of having to get them carried away would make life rather more complicated. And the Hippocratic oath does talk about "doing no harm".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They aren't, but Joey Hey imagines otherwise.

Literally "bed-pisser".

In spoken Dutch a terminal "d" is devoiced and pronounced "t" but this isn't reflected in the spelling (which I just checked in the Grote van Dale Dutch dictionary - we've got the three volume version).

Joey Hey has a lot of unrealistic expectations, many of the them centred around his own imagined competences. He spends most of his time disappointed that reality doesn't behave as he fondly expects it to.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Nor as how you expect (models).

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

I expect models to look good. That's what they are paid for. Joey Hey - like John Larkin - confuses climate models with climate science, and doesn't understand either any better than John Larkin does, which is to say, not at all.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I think it was that stuff in antifreeze: ethylene glocol.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

yeah, search on "Who shot the tomatoes?" for details.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

}snip{

And boy, do they look good!

You are exactly spot on. The application of climate models have not much to do with science once they are used outside the parameter region for which they have been designed, tested and calibrated, and for which they are well understood.

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Particularly about the "not understanding at all".

You really don't learn - or at least refuse to take advice from people who known more than you do.

Climate models aren't "calibrated". They can be tested against historical data, but the last million years are limited to CO2 levels from 180ppm (ice ages) to 270ppm (interglacials) with a brief spurt to 400ppm over the last century.

They can be tuned - by playing with cell sizes, and the way clouds are represent (only as an average value over a cell, since the cells are much bigger than clouds) - but there's no magical parameter region outside of which they suddenly fall over.

I don't what the mathematical models are from which you are doing your reasoning by analogy, but whatever they are, the analogy is a bad one.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to