Bye Jack

Reply to
Jack

On a sunny day (Mon, 16 Dec 2019 04:59:18 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Yes, 70W 24/7 is OK, that is 1680 W for an hour each day, lifepo4 cells as buffer, plenty for cooking and maybe laundry, and the heat would be great too, gas prices are rising here, Let me know when you have one for sale.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:16:46 -0000 (UTC)) it happened Jack wrote in :

Thinking about that issue: anti-biotics (penicillin etc) (probably saved my life).

Internet no, already in the late sixties I was in Europe listening to US truckers on 27 MHz with my jfet home build receiver, transmitter you could say what you wanted and when you wanted, no regulations.... more and more 'internet' is getting changed into what now still is a broadcasting system, in some countries you need a license to run a website... will be cut off in case unrest happens.. etc etc

Maybe I will put my good old CB antenna back on the roof... freedom

Or was it conditions were better in the early seventies?

10 years or as a ago I was still working S America on CB, have not tried lately.

With my freaking ham license I cannot talk about everything... on top of that it cost me abut 25 $ a year here.

FREEDOM!!!

Hey tried slow scan TV too in the seventies.

Nothing much new happened after Apollo really....

It is the end of an era, just like there was an end to the iron age birth all it is now is refinements of electronics.... Nothing new.

I want the stars

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If I ever get one I'll keep it. I wonder what the stray radiation was like. Quantity-wise that is :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Simple, the wheel and the lever (OK, two things) - without either of which civilization can't occur.

If just a choice between the printing press and the internet, then the printing press is the greatest invention - it led to the internet as you had to have a minimum percentage of people who can read and communicate between themselves to be able to create and use the internet.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Cooking. That changed our food chain and metabolism and let our brains develop. I think that was good.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:qt89s7$o10$1 @dont-email.me:

Yeah, we'd all be dead from tetanus from stepping on a nail in our youth were it not for orange rind mold.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Robertson wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The drinking cup.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The heat source was a canister with some alpha emitter isotope inside. Not a lot of radiation got out, not until it rusted through, that is ...

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well f*ck... if we are going there, then it was Oxygen and water.

THEN cannabis. :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Who invented those?

Doesn't let a brain develop!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

God did.

Nobody 'invented' cooking either. It was 'happened upon'.

OR knowledge passed on to us by the aliens.

But some cave twerp certainly didn't get inspired by a lightning struck deer.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Hmmm... what's your last name? Wouldn't be Daniels would it?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

between

Not yours. You self dumbed. No chance whtsoever that a dope like you could ever figure out that a little self inebriation never hurt anybody.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Oh well if it's alpha I'll order one. Better build a containment for it too.

Decided against collecting a million smoke alarms :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I don't need drugs to be crazy. I learned to do that on my own.

Well, a little coffee and chocolate can help.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

inebriation hurt plenty of people.

Reply to
tabbypurr

John Larkin has got that right. The catch is that our ancestors had to invent it before they got big enough - and big-brained enough - to look much like us.

If apes of our size and with our brain size had popped up before their relatives had invented cooking they would have starved.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Note the qualifier, dipshit.

'little bit of'

Goddamned cursory glance retards everywhere.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

As usual you say nothing of any use.

Reply to