unresponsive script

I am getting a little tired of seeing this damn message.

Any fixes?

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Depends on where you are seeing it. If you are seeing it on your toaster, it is time for a new toaster.

That begs the question, are there any electromechanical devices these days that aren't running Linux?

I recall some years ago (less than 20, more than 10... after all, it was in print) I read an article about the advances in computer chips allowing a C PU powerful enough to run Linux in virtually any device and of course, they used the intelligent toaster as the stereotypical example. Anyone making a toaster that runs Linux?

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

quit using google groups

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's a punishmment for running XP. I get it too.

Brian

--
Brian
Reply to

You can try entering the URL here.

There is an example scan here. Looking through the waterfall results and the names of the scripts, gives some idea why it might be happening. This one isn't actually a .js problem.

A headline further down that page shows:

Recent Industry Blog Posts

Google planning a new ?Badge of Shame? for slow websites

In other news: water is wet, fish gotta swim, and birds gotta fly.

From the company that bought doubleclick. And the story is hosted on a web page larded up with toys and floaters and junk.

The web is one giant dumpster fire. And the people on the fire truck, forgot to bring an extinguisher. "Well, we could piss on it". Yes, that'll work.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes. ALL android phones are running a decided departure from Linux, though still has Linux underpinnings.

The other is the 'new' OS the Chinese spy company is making.

I am sure that there are still purpose designed firmware operated, hard wired "OS" wise devices sporting instantaneous boot up and recovery. Very low on the feature rich side of things though.

Mouse trap. IoVM Internet of vermin management.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Some sites don't really need JavaScript for its main functionalities. Some are used simply to provide so called "user experience" page display, user data tracking, and social crap.

Reply to
JJ

  • WOW! This is great!

  • Wonderful; as if we NEEDED more crap to overlay what we wanted to see.
  • Bet this overlay crap gets FAR worse now...

Thanks

Reply to
Robert Baer

Pilots use NOAA for preflight weather. Although NOAA's webpage lacks wunderground's eye candy, NOAA displays all of the essential data in a minimalist manner:

For years, Unisys offered no-nonsense weather. Until, unfortunately, they recently decided to try to monetize their weather website:

Live weather data is not available at this time. Our focus is on delivering new apps and data services that take advantage of emerging weather data and technologies.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;