ot flags

Others can too, but the Stars and Stripes has to be on the left, or center if there are an odd number flown.

Reply to
krw

They'll be bitchin' about how the government stole it all soon enough.

Reply to
bitrex

57? That's when a t-bird was still a sports car. That didn't last long.

I love small-town 4th of July parades. Marching bands, cub scouts, old vets in convertibles, fire trucks, Shriners on Harleys, all that Americana.

I'm hearing the fireworks exploding over Donner Lake this instant. We go too hiked-out today to brave the crowds down there.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I was wondering the other day if at some point one of those old fire trucks they use for parades ever had to respond to a real emergency. Like if there was a crash on the highway ahead of them and the nearest emergency services were ten minutes away would they pull over and do their best with whatever equipment a parade-ready 1967 engine had available.

Like in Star Trek when the Enterprise is somehow always the "only ship in range"

Reply to
bitrex

If you are speaking within the USA boundaries (including consulates), then you are almost correct. There are situations where a flag(s) can be to the right of the US flag. The US flag is typically on the left unless the center pole is higher, in which case your flag is there and other flags are to the left and right.

However in the post you are responding to the author was pointing out that in other countries "furrin' countries" the US flag may be below (or beside) that country's flag, but not above.

Canada's flag procedures:

UK:

John

Reply to
John Robertson

all

My mistake in my reply, you are correct, allies have the flags all at the same level with the local country's flag in the position of honour.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

ts

it's

te/position-honour.html

As was pointed out by Tim, allies do not fly their flag higher than any other of their allies, the country in question would have their flag in the position of honour, with the other nations flags to the left and right of the host country with all flags being the same size and height.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

If they had a dozen fire trucks spread over a tenth of the galaxy that would happen often.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

No parade here but on Tuesday there were more than the usual number of flags in front of houses.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

4th of July around here is when all the rednecks come out to wave the flag around, drink and drive, pop oxycodone, run around looking for gays to beat up, and generally be the usual "Real America" failures that they are
Reply to
bitrex

I mean like, more so than usual.

Reply to
bitrex

Have you gone to d l bliss state park. It has a great trail along the lake

Reply to
bulegoge

Same. Whether the lefties like it or not, Trump has really drummed up the display of love for our country!

We, unfortunately, had to abandon our usual cul-de-sac fireworks... too windy :-( ...Jim Thompson

      Bleeding hearts have an ironic fear of their own blood.

Yeah, that is nice. Here's some pics:

But we only go down highway 89 in the off season. Times like this week, there are too many tourists and the road is horrible.

Cascade Lake, a hike uphill from Emerald Bay, is very nice too.

I grew up in Louisiana, absolutely flat, so all this 3D stuff is still cool to me.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'm reading this

which is surprisingly (by my usual standards at least) interesting. Each short chapter is about a person in flyover territory, the ex-blue-wall rust belt towns along the upper Mississippi.

These are a very decent lot, the kinds of people who fly flags and don't apologize for it. They are also the ones who messed up the pollsters so bad before the presidential election.

The author points out that the big city reporters and pollsters could have driven for an hour or two and talked to these people. But they didn't. Trump did.

#walkaway is interesting too. It was started by a gay model, but Candice is a lot cuter.

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

He went there to make fun of John McCain and disabled reporters for their entertainment and they enjoyed the show. If that was the show they enjoyed the most then little point for anyone else to go there and try to put on some other kind.

Reply to
bitrex

Great pics. Yeah, I remember that one of the worlds highest outhouse....er lighthouse.

Reply to
bulegoge

Bad behavior from the left has been rewarded my whole life. Turn about is fair play....and very satisfying.

Reply to
bulegoge

Yeah they probably didn't in fact do shit to you, most wingnuts seem like the type perfectly capable of screwing up their own lives all by themselves.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh yeah.. Young Rednecks with Dixie flags or two Old Glories on their trucks have made a BIG comeback here.

Suprisingly the businesses and homes who were flying "Don't Tread on Me Flags" have taken them down, and there were dozens of them around town.

Welcome to the Bible belt, Northcoast edition. No Algea blooms this year, coupled with the intense heat, have made Lake Erie a popular destination.

Mr. Obama liked visiting Cleveland because he could pop over to Shy town in less then an hour. Closing down our central expressway system time after time. Thank God the annoyance has shifted to Florida.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328