OT eye candy

Nope. Just village-idiot "pondian". ...Jim Thompson

Doesn't matter, I wrote my own (I think based on Chan). It uses circuit values (Lp, Ls, k, mu, phi), so I don't even have to dick around with geometry. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

25.4mm per inch.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I have a pair of digital calipers that can read in (un)customary fractional inches to 1/128". Of course it does decimal inches and mm too, (but not meters).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I have a bunch of those. One goes to 52" wide. It's mounted to my table saw. I also have smaller version mounted to my router table and thickness planer. ;-)

Reply to
krw

.

Having mW/mm-K just makes some calcualtion easier. I write everything in mm's and I've got a feel for how big that is.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sorry, just for approximations.

George H.

   (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
George Herold

Jeroen Belleman schrieb:

Hello,

m/s^2 is somewhat too large, but mm/s^2 would fit. 1000 mGal = 10 mm/s^2.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen
[snip]

I have a French compass marked in gradians (400 to a circle).

Or chefs. How many barn-megaparsecs of paprika should we add to the stew?

100 buckets of bits on the bus
100 buckets of bits
   You take one down,
   and short it to ground
FF buckets of bits on the bus
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

We all know the peanut ones are bigger than the chocolate ones. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

FOFLMAO >:-} ...Jim Thompson

A very useful measure of angles is "circles", where 1 cy = 2*pi radians.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

)

Chuckle... thanks

Reply to
George Herold

radians.

In some computer circles that is called BAMS, binary angular measurement system. Binary 0.10000000000000000 is 180 degrees or pi radians, and so forth. Integer parts can be used as well, representing full turns.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

This is weird, in some way, as if some seem to think m and mm are different units. Also, I don't at all see why 1 cm/s^2 should merit a specific name.

The point is that the multiplier prefixes are universal, applicable to any unit, and one would pick whichever is appropriate to get numbers of convenient magnitudes.

I find it odd that some seem to have some sort of blockage using some combinations of multiplier prefixes and units. I often see the tedious string '0.001 uF' instead of the more rational 1 nF, or '384000 km' instead of 384 Mm, for example. I freely use kSFr to express the cost of something, but it seems to make accountants cringe. ;-)

Jeroen (33000uF = 33mF) Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

On a sunny day (Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:37:14 +0100) it happened Jeroen Belleman wrote in :

Is the 'k' 1024 or 1000 ;-)?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jeroen Belleman schrieb:

Hello,

I agree, if Mega is used together with watts or volt, why not also with meter? We use mA and µA frequently, but mF is rarely used.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

I've seen an exhibition of clocks which included some French ones with decimal time dials. IIRC this was mandated, but was circumvented by having conventional dials on the other face.

Here (UK), we have 'Units' of alcohol. One unit is 10ml or 1cl. Why did someone invent something completely superfluous?

Medics here use mg for milligrams and mcg for micrograms (or often MG and MCG). I wonder how many massive over- or underdoses that's caused. (They also say 'fluid' when they really mean 'liquid', maybe it sounds more important.)

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

:-)

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Care to share it?

                                       (Richard Feynman)