OT: effect of US Govt shutting down software accounts

The UN inspectors say otherwise. And if that was true, then obviously the correct course would have to been to confront Iran and show the world, show the other six countries that were party to agreement, that Iran was in violation. Instead, the US violated it, another first, courtesy of the orange clown.

which

Say what? Trumps says he's ready and eager to make a deal with both of them! And one of them, KJU, he's in love with. He came home from that one sham summit and proclaimed that he trusts KJU, he's sure he's denuclearizing and that the threat from NK nukes is now over. He should have been impeached for that alone.

The Trumptards never cease to amaze.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Well that's not true. If you are doing any business with America and doing business with Iran, you're going to be nailed to the wall. Which is why the EU has been unsuccessful in trying to circumvent Trump's sanctions against Iran.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

I agree in principle, but in this case, 45 has done Venezuela a massive favour.

It's always safer to use products from anyone but Adobe.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Which SaS are you talking about???

  Rick C.

  - Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 10:37:21 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com w rote:

ired of wars where we shed blood and spend money. This is how you effect ne eded change without going to war. , Bolton, Romney, Kristol, all of those gop folks are itching to drop bombs

Iran is a rogue state that was NOT on the road to nuclear arms any time soo n... until we released them from the treaty by breaking it ourselves. Now they are back to full swing enrichment of uranium. One of the things I lea rned about enriching nuclear fuel for weapons is that as you achieve higher and higher enrichment levels, the work required to enrich further is less and less. It's like the size of the rocket as you reduce the size of the p ayload. It is much better than proportional. So by letting Iran enrich li ke crazy now, we are getting them very, very close to "breakout".

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

They rent DVRs because that is the only solution when you have cable. That's one big reason why I like Netflix and Hulu. I watch when I want and what I want and never have to worry about setting recordings or how many I've saved or any other bother.

As Chauncey Gardner said, "I like to watch".

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 2,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

That's not true. Tivo and similar DVRs will work with most, if not all cable systems. They use a cable card, which you get from the cable company. I have it, costs $3 a month for the card, instead of $10 to rent their crappy DVR. IDK how anyone can put up with watching cable or TV today without a DVR.

That's one big reason why I like Netflix and Hulu. I watch when I want and what I want and never have to worry about setting recordings or how many I've saved or any other bother.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

tired of wars where we shed blood and spend money. This is how you effect needed change without going to war. , Bolton, Romney, Kristol, all of thos e gop folks are itching to drop bombs

oon...

At least as far as the UN inspectors could tell, with a crappy inspection agreement. It's very possible Iran had hidden sites, they've done it before.

until we released them from the treaty by breaking it ourselves. Now they are back to full swing enrichment of uranium. One of the things I learned about enriching nuclear fuel for weapons is that as you achieve higher and higher enrichment levels, the work required to enrich further is less and less. It's like the size of the rocket as you reduce the size of the paylo ad. It is much better than proportional. So by letting Iran enrich like c razy now, we are getting them very, very close to "breakout".

I agree. The deal Obama/Kerry reached wasn't a good one. But it was a lot better than nothing. And when the US reneges, then why should Iran, NK or anyone else make another deal? I would have stuck with the deal, but done everything possible to make sure the Iranians were not cheating. If caught cheating, then it would have been a whole new ballgame and we would have had the other countries on our side.

i don't know which argument is the stupidest from Trump and the trumpets:

1 - We had to renege because it was only good for another ten years.

2 - We had to renege because the Iranians can't be trusted. (yet Trump says he is eager to make a new deal, so how can they be trusted with that?)

3 - Look! Look! iran is enriching again, I told you they were bad! (Well, Trump reneged and sanctioned them, what did he expect?)

Trump started down this path without any thought to an end game, how it will play out, what the possibilities are. He just thinks he can push them and it will work. He's learned nothing from our naivety with Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya..... And he demands not only that they stop nuke development, but also that they stop missile development, end support for Hezbollah, rebels in Yemen, Syria.... He demands they become Sweden. Good luck with that. He;s already essentially committed an act of war against them, by not only cutting off US trade, but by using the might of the US to force most companies around the world to do the same. What would the US reaction be to that? If some foreign power choked us, while demanding we stop developing arms, do this, do that, end support for Israel, and it caused 20% unemployment, 10% GDP drop, high inflation, what would we consider it?

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Lardassed Louie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I DL the movie file or TV episode file. That way, I can watch it any time, and the quality is four times better than the rehashed crap they stream.

If you get it on Amazon Prime, you also have it forever.

The difference is quality. The Amazon file is touted as high res, but you get two channel stereo and downres'd video.

The files I DL are form bluray rips at like 35GB per movie, then they format that out with various audio at about 2 to 5 GB.

A far far better viewing and listening experience.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news:38a608c3-0ce4- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I can guarantee that went right over his head.

One must keep one's garden in good order. He doesn't do gardens.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think he means SaaS.

Jasen Betts

Thanks.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

ance-us-sanctions

From the comments: "If Adobe was any good at understanding law, this would never have happened. Microsoft, Google, Apple, Amazon, etc aren? ?t doing this, why does Adobe think it applies to them?"

The level of political / civic naivete in the comments is sort of charmingly innocent on the one hand, and sort of scary on the other. Our universities aren't doing their jobs.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I thought the Iran deal was very unhelpful, essentially putting Iran on the fast track for nukes and ICBMs. But I was particularly appalled at the way it was dishonestly portrayed, then unlawfully evaded the constitutional requirement for ratification by 2/3rds of the Senate.

But 2/3rds of the Senate were not going to approve the treaty, so Mr. Obama just called it a 'deal' instead, unilaterally committing the country to an unfavorable deal he concocted in secret, without the country's consent. That's unlawful. And he misprepresented the terms, and linked numerous undisclosed side agreements. That's not how a representative republic is supposed to work.

I dunno if Mr. Trump's sanctions will have the desired effect, but I'm hopeful sanctions will be better than what was previously essentially a green light + loads of money to make it happen.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Weren't there pallets of US currency involved too?

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

What a phenomenally stupid thing to say.

When Cruz was gone, I voted against Clinton. Democrats had a good candidate (but only one!) named Webb and they don't seem to remember him at all. They piss and moan about Trump and fail to introspect at all - and I mean they fail totally the way a psychotic person or a child fails to introspect - about what they might have done better, as if they make no mistakes and they made the perfect choice.

Such people have no business calling *ANYONE* an idiot, or any quasi-retarded neologism.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

IDK how it put Iran on a fast track for nukes. They were forced to ship their enriched uranium out of the country and were limited to low levels of enrichment. It was being monitored by UN inspectors and they say the Iranians were complying. It's now, because Trump reneged on the deal that Iran recently announced they were now enriching beyond the agreement.

But

I think it was a bad deal too. Obama should have pushed with harder sanctions and should have gotten a better deal. But that doesn't mean that Trump reneging on it made any sense. Trump's main issue with the deal was that Obama did it. If Trump had done the same thing, then it would have been Trumpstastic.

It's not the first executive agreement that has been done that way and it won't be the last. Meanwhile we have nothing from the big critic, the stable genius, nothing at all. No agreement with NK, no agreement with Iran, no trade agreement with China. So much for Art of the Deal.

Nonsense. It's been done before and it will be done again. possibly by Trump.

I agree, there was some shystering there. But again, it's not the first time a president has made a deal with some unknown side agreements. I suppose if you want to outlaw it, Congress could pass a law.

The loads of money is mostly a Trump and GOP lie. They word it to make it sound like it was US govt money. The money was from legitimate money the US owed Iran for defense purchases that they had paid for, but that the US cancelled after the 1980 hostage affair. I think some may have been money that was impounded subject to trade sanctions too, but it was always Iran's money.

There are many problems with Trump's approach:

1 - Why would Iran trust us again, when Trump just reneged on the existing deal made just a few years ago?

2 - Trump doesn't just want a nuke agreement, he demands it include not only nukes, but missiles, their support for Syria, Yemen rebels, Hezbollah, etc. He demands they become Sweden and that isn't going to happen.

3 - It would be humiliating for the Iranian leaders to cave in to Trump's demands after having made a deal already.

4 - All the other countries in the JOPCA don't agree with Trump and the Iranians figure Trump won't be there much longer

5 - Each Trump fiasco and scandal makes him weaker and weaker.

6 - For what Trump demands, what really would have to happen is regime change, that appears extremely unlikely. And all his economic pressure, could produce an even worse result. Trump learned nothing from Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. The last one, we really had no choice, but it too shows how it's impossible to right a country and that instead you can wind up worse off.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in news:qno0ku$uq2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Donald J. Trump spent a lot of time bitching about Iran. All the while he tries to get a guy responsible for defiying sanctions against Iran to the tune of billions of dollars out of prison and released to... You guessed it... Turkey.

Who had Giuliani as a lawyer.

The criminal plots thickens, and yes, dipshit, they are IDIOTS.

They should both go to GITMO and be put on bread and water.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

$1.7B in non-US currency.

Reply to