OT: Eddie-K-shun

Quote from Anthony Jovanovich:

"I hail from the wonderful state of corruption that is Illinois. On the local level, our school district is running a budget deficit, but deems it acceptable to build a new $150 million high school, complete with a new football stadium with artificial turf and a $80,000 piano in an auditorium requiring a $100,000 humidification system to protect that wonderful piano. Illinois ranks 18th in money spent and 38th in student achievement.

"Our public pension funds are the laughingstock of the country with estimates of a $160 billion shortfall after the funds had to lower the expected return assumptions for their portfolios. Our largest city Chicago has sold off income streams from parking meters toll bridges and within the last 3 years for BILLIONS and has spent all but about $600 million already.

"Aside from the argument of whether or not the estate tax is just, with the track record compiled by our local, state, and federal agencies in the despicable state of Illinois ? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ADVOCATE INCREASING THE AMOUNT OF MONEY AT THEIR DISPOSAL? Sorry folks. The problem with spending other people's money is that sooner or later other people run out of it. Accept the unfortunate lesson that is playing out here in Illinois." ?

Reply to
Robert Baer