ISE/EDK "target pattern contains no `%'"

Grrrrr! Has anyone got ISE 7.1 working with EDK in Windows? Ever seen this error before?

I installed ISE/EDK per instructions, and got the titular error as soon as I tried to generate a netlist inside Platform Studio. I assumed it was something stupid I did/forgot to do, so I followed the tutorial at . When I click OK on the step at page 21 where a netlist is generated, I get the exact same error:

Xilinx Platform Studio Xilinx EDK 7.1.2 Build EDK_H.12.5.1 Copyright (c) 1995-2005 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

XPS% Evaluating file c:/xilprj/myproject/project_navigator/__projnav/system.synth.tcl system.make:171: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop ERROR:MDT - Error while running "make -f system.make netlist" No changes to be saved in MSS file No changes to be saved in XMP file

It's hard to imagine a more vanilla installation than the one I'm using, it's a WinXP install with everything defaulted. However I have a spare unused laptop in its box here, with NOTHING but WinXP on it - so I'm going to while away the hours installing the Xilinx software on that machine.

By the way, line 171 of system.make is the @mkdir line in the following stanza:

$(PPC405_0_BOOTLOOP): $(PPC405_BOOTLOOP) @mkdir -p $(BOOTLOOP_DIR) cp -f $(PPC405_BOOTLOOP) $(PPC405_0_BOOTLOOP)

Xilinx is well on the way to being my least favorite semiconductor vendor of all time. Apart from their obnoxious software licensing, there's a one business day delay in merely signing up for the privilege of asking a question, let alone actually receiving an answer. And they apparently never test their development software. I remember hating Altera's tools when I last used them (I can still see the gray hairs from that battle every time I look in a mirror), but at least their tutorials worked!

Anyhow - if anyone has seen this error before (Google found nothing relevant), hints would be appreciated!

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Which version of cygwin and make are you using? If I recall correctly, the newest version of cygwin make does not allow windows style paths unless they are in quotes, and EDK has not yet fixed that.

/Siva

Reply to
siva.velusamy