OT: Didn't Receive item from Ebay Seller in Hong Kong

No, it translates into reduced power. And no pre-ignition.

Before microprocessors and port fuel injection, yes. Modern cars can burn any grade of gasoline and make the best of it at any altitude and temperature.

Leaded gasoline was state-of-the-art in 1930. It was and is a nasty toxin, and poisons catalytic converters.

You really don't know much about this. As usual.

John

AlwaysWrong is wrong, once again. Yawn.

Well, DimBulb, you're an absolute dim bulb on every subject you've ever tried discussing. I gave you that name for good reason.

You can increase Octane rating with water, too. Not recommended by anyone other than a dim bulb, DimBulb.

You just said there wasn't a difference, AlwaysWrong.

It says everything about yours, however.

Reply to
krw

Do f*ck off and die.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

And a '64 Mustang will runs rings around just about ANY car made today. ...Jim Thompson

No, they do NOT "Make the best of it". The priority is deterrence of pre-ignition ONLY, and it has nothing to do with maximizing power or efficiency. ALL deterrence of pre-ignition involves reduction of power, if the mechanism is not an octane number change in the fuel.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

That's not a very Christian thing to say, Mr Nymbecile.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Pt(IV) is an excellent oxidizer (depending on the ligand), but that has nothing to do with catalytic converters.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Not really. It is too stable, moreover it really is a catalyst; it = participates=20 in the reactions but is not changed by them. Some platinum anions are = powerful=20 oxidizers like platinum hexaflouride; which again gets its power from the= anions=20 bound to it.

Reply to
JosephKK