Hong Kong postage delays

Received this from an Ebay seller I had just ordered from.

This explains why I have had to wait 3+ weeks so far for other Ebay purchases from previously reliable sellers.

Along with the delays reported at this end as Australian Customs do work on behalf of Harvey Norman to protect their profits, and use taxpayers money (our money) to do so.

---------------------------------------------------- Dear customer, We are informed that AVSECO (Aviation Security Hong Kong) has tightened security measures and thus items leaving for overseas destinations will suffer a possible delay.

Over the past few weeks, an increasing number of dangerous goods are found to be sent through air mail. AVSECO has therefore tightened the security measure on ALL items leaving Hong Kong, making it longer to process the packets, the delay can be as long as 5 days or more. So,if item can not arrive to your country in time,please don`t hesitate contact us.We will do our best to help you to settle this problem.

Any inconvenience caused in much regretted.

Thanks for your understanding!

Reply to
kreed

I think US orders also has a lot to do with it, as they (the US) have tightened imports that have a weight above 16 oz. We get charged an extra $9AUD for these from here, and I'm sure bombs and bayonets will fall into this class.

I think it is the rest of the world simply catching up with the restrictions that the US has imposed on all imports.

But I believe there will be more delays, and more expensive postage from all over, because of this.

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".