OT: Didn't Receive item from Ebay Seller in Hong Kong

The scale heavily depends on the number of items the seller has sold during the previous 12 months. My sister always had perfect 100% feedback, until she sold one cookie jar that broke in shipping. Buyer negged her without even contacting her about the problem, which knocked her rating down to about 96% instantly.

If a seller does only 20 sales per year, one undeserved negative turns

100% into 95%. 15 sales per year, one negative turns 100% into 95% 10 sales, one negative turns 100% into 90% ... 2 sales, one negative turns 100% into 50%
Reply to
Beryl

That's still ~$4/gallon. ...60% more than it is here.

Reply to
krw

It's currently around 23% cheaper in NY state than Ontario, not a big deal.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'd like to save 23% on all purchases. That would be a big deal to me. 38% is better.

Reply to
krw

Try New Jersey. NY gas has 10% ethanol, which is the least of its problems.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

email: hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I almost skiied into a tree today. I wondered, in that brief flash before I avoided the collision, if Sonny Bono would greet me at the pearly gates.

John

At the gates of hell, smirking ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

You're an idiot from the unleaded, computer controlled, 9.0 or less compression days, pussy boy. I know more about the internal combustion engine combustion process than you ever will.

Your concept of what takes place in a combustion chamber is "stinky gas gets lit on fire."

Take a hike, dumbfuck.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

It does not replace the gas, idiot, it conditions it, you retarded twit.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You are making the claim that pre-ignition does not degrade an engine? You really are retarded.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Not before some retarded twit not much brighter than you decided to use corn for the source of their ethanol generation facility, you stupid little motherless bastard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

"In the public square..."

Hardly a feasible threat, you stupid f*ck.

Go cry to mommy now, little boy.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Perhaps not. Both of you meet Tulunigraq the Eskimo God. Where heaven has plenty of whale blubber and friendly polar bears. (Joke.. Religions are based on culture.)

Sonny Bono Roman Catholic/Scientologist

Beliefs and Practices of Scientologists Concerning Death 'Each thetan is billions of years old, passing from one human life to the next through reincarnation. There is no judgment of the soul involved, and the process is automatic, without any necessary intervention through ritual, prayer or other means.'

Ugh...scientology rubbish I didn't need to know...

The afterlife 'fabrications' between scientology and catholic appear to conflict. As expected.

Reply to
D from BC

Modern engines have knock sensors. They don't pre-ignite, they just back off on power if the fuel octane is low.

John

You don't know shit, fucktard.

Here, go get yourself educated:

The only stinky gas around here is you, fucktard.

Reply to
tm

Nice, mature retort, retard boy.

Maybe you should try actually forming a valid argument. Oh, that's right, you are too goddamned retarded to even know what the f*ck you would be trying to talk about.

You're a goddamned idiot. You're mother should be jailed as a felon for the crime of not flushing your retarded ass, the moment she shat you out of her retarded ass.

Stop contaminating the human gene pool, boy. Do us all a favor, and kill off your entire bloodline.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You're an idiot, anyhow, as always has been thought.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Do try to be a little more original with your insults, Mr Nymbecile.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

"...back off on power..."???

Nope. The knock sensors retard the spark timing.

I suppose you can call that "...back off on power...", though it's miniscule.

During the hokey "shortage" of fuel, I'd often find the high octane fuel pump was "empty", so I'd fill up the Q45 on "regular".

Couldn't really notice any power difference, and I certainly do drive with a lead foot :-) ...Jim Thompson

Retarded timing equates DIRECTLY to reduced power in each stroke.

You are an absolute idiot where internal combustion engines are concerned.

You are an idiot. Firstly for buying that car. Secondly, for not knowing how to increase octane on a cheaper fill-up.

An idiot like you wouldn't.

That changes nothing about your inability to make a valid observation.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever