OT: damaged PDF files

Even though Adobe "owes" me $400 (For a busted Illustrator-10), I guess I can come to their defense here on one point:

A friend of mine had a Word document recently that simply WOULD NOT print. (The problem turned out to be he had placed an image inside a text box and the text box was too close to the bottom margin of the page...)

He was in a panic/hurry, so I just converted the Word Document to Acrobat and sent it back to him for printing. Worked flawlessly. (Later, we resolved the HP550? printer driver issue with Word.) -mpm

To the other poster, I figure my time is worth more than chasing down Adobe to replace / fix their product. True, they did offer me a reduced price on the upgrade, but it was the principal of it. Illustrator would not SAVE a document (randomly), so you either had to save after every command, or risk losing all your work. Their "fix" was to get the latest version - and I assume with no guarantee that would fix the problem either.

I also have a bounced check from Hewlett Packard for $100 for a printer rebate!!. This got tied up in the mail with the Anthrax scare a few years back and they claimed the submittal was filed late!! Again, a special place in Hell for companies like this.

Needless to say, I don't purchase HP products anymore, and I wouldn't have purchased PhotoShop - execept I wanted it too much...!!

With any luck, they'll be an HP rep lurking here who can exchange their bounced check for something of value. (Or I could post it publicly until I get some sort of satisfaction out of them..?)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

No, I was saying that since Tony was talking about image files rather than pdf's, he may be refering to Photoshop. Anyway, he has agreed he was off on a different tangent.

Reply to
rex