OT chaos

Garlic fries!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The beer is good too. You can get an Anchor Steam, or a Gunnness, or a Harp, or a Black+Tan, all for around $10. (Or Bud Lite, if you really want one.)

Ballparks and airports used to have ghastly food; no longer.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You need to start wearing a button proudly proclaiming "I HAVE AN OPINION" - then you'll really be something.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

In the monkey cage, drowning in his own bile.

Reply to
krw

John Larkin's understanding of "civilization" is about as deep as his understanding of climate science, and formed by the same desire to stay uninformed about things that might be worrisome if he understood them better.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 15:35:28 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

How many tons of Chlorine gas are at the south pole, Mr. Knowitall?

And its part in all this?

Get a better news client, idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

$600 was the minimum to get *a* seat. The SRO tickets were a little cheaper, about $580. You could sit 20 or 30 rows back from the field, near first or third, for I think about $1000. The most I remember seeing for a "regular" seat was on the order of $2500; there were some more expensive, in the suites and places like that. There was somebody trying to sell one regular seat, maybe 10-15 rows back from the field near 3rd base, for $57,000. I suspect that was either a typo or a "buy baseball ticket, get something else for 'free'" sort of deal. I think I saw a couple of parking passes for about $120, but I know someone who drove to the stadium for one of the first two games and he said they were happy to sell parking on a drive-up basis. I think he said they charged $25; regular season parking is about $10 or $12.

All of those ticket prices were on StubHub during the day Wednesday. The $600-$700 seats appeared to be selling; as it got later in the day, fewer of them were available. (But maybe the site is programmed to say that.) I didn't keep track of how many of the more expensive seats there were.

Back in '85, I remember seeing classified ads in the paper selling pen and pencil sets for, like, $200, "includes free tickets". This was officially frowned on but I don't know how they would stop it.

At home, I watched the game on TV but listened to the local AM sports station, because I liked their announcers better. One of them, Denny Matthews, has been calling the Royals games for as long as I can remember.

I like going to the stadium because I remember going there as a kid, and it's more or less the same place. I haven't tried them all, but I did notice that there seem to be a lot more food options than just burgers and hot dogs at Kauffman these days. Plus, I'm actually old enough now to get a beer.

ObSED: The scoreboard needs more than an Apple ][ to run it these days, too. I think the original board started out as 1 bit per pixel, but later in life they upgraded it to 2 or 3; I remember the player "photos" that used to look like

getting more detail at some point.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Not so much "at" as "above".

Minor.

Get a more modern news reader,Luddite.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 04:19:08 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman Gave us:

"Above" the pole IS AT THE POLE, you pathetic worm.

The chlorine molecules are what caused the Ozone depletion. Hardly a minor role, idiot.

Learn to conform to the forums you invade.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You'd like to think so.

Of course they do. Ozone depletion has a minor role in climate change, which is what I was talking about. Why you wanted to bring in the ozone hole escapes me. H S Johnson was working on the mechanism at the time he examined (and passed) my Ph.D. thesis and the international response to that problem was a lot quicker and more effective than the response to anthropogenic global warming has been, though it's not improving things all that rapidly (not that it could).

You can't invade the same forum twice. Sci.electronic.design isn't the same forum now as it was when I started posting to it in 1996, and the line length conventions that made sense then don't make much sense now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to