OT: Best Pharmacy?

I'm consistently getting issues with Walgreen's being "out of stock".

And just got dumped by "live chat" :-(

RECOMMENDATIONS? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Kaiser Permanente. I think they also sell to non-members but definitely check prices first because then they may be higher.

At least to members they send medications by mail which is very convenient. I have never heard them being out of stock on anything.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I go to Larwoods in E. Aurora NY, but it's a long drive from Az. :^)

GH

Reply to
George Herold

Across state lines?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

I thought they were also in Phoenix but maybe I am wrong about that. I don't know if they'd ship across state lines but Canadian pharmacies sure do ship across country borders.

Other than that we found that CVS was pretty good but one has to watch prices. One time an antibiotic prescribed by our dentist was supposed to cost almost $100 and upon a "WHAT?!" response there were some discussions and later the cost dropped to less than half.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Across state lines?

...Jim Thompson ====================================================

Every time I've compared prices Sam's Club has come out the cheapest, with WalMart maybe 2-5% higher and on par with Walgreens and CVS. Did not look at other membership stores like Costco since they are further away from home. I've always had great service at Sam's, even picked up a refill down in Alabama when I extended a vacation unexpectedly. I drove to the store in Mobile, explained the situation, they contacted my home store in Maryland and maybe 30 minutes later I walked out with my refill.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

*COSTCO* in Gilbert AZ, about 8 miles.

And their pharmacy is open to anyone, no membership required ... at least in California.

Reply to
Cows Are Nice

I've never seen any such problems with pharmacies for mainstream medicines supported by NICE.

Maybe moving to a country with a first world medical system would be a starting point?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Probably not before scarfing down an all beef hot dog & drink 8-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

So why are their constant reports about drug shortages in "medical paradise"?

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If it's some specialized cancer drug then there are other out-of-network ph armacies that specialize in supplying those, you'll have to research and ch eck with your insurer, some allow, some make you pay more. Caremark is the second largest in U.S, they own/are CVS and just bought Walgreen.

If they don't have stock, nobody does. Al l they need is your prescription RX#, they'll transfer and fill it. They sh ould have a one day shipping option, don't know for sure since I've never u sed it.
. Retail brick and mortar are unreliable.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

CVS harasses you by phone constantly at 8 am on a Saturday "Remember your order ready for pick-up!" and then when you get there you have to wait 20 minutes because they don't have it ready.

Reply to
bitrex

I get my drugs by mail from Kaiser. A few clicks to get a refill, and shipping is free.

My receiving department lost a shipment, and I called K, and they shipped another batch, 100% free. Then we found them!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

One of those appears to be about some /global/ shortage or other.

The other is about inter-/company/ "problems", probably pushing a hidden agenda along the lines of "use our company and all your woes will disappear and your boss will offer you a cigar".

As an end-user (as yet of only a few common medicines) I have neither seen nor heard of supply problems affecting end-users like me. If there were, we wouldn't even think of trying to personally work around them.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

BTW, the general perception is that it is becoming ever less a medical paradise and more like the US system.

Our current "health minister" has publicly stated this is his last political job; everyone assumes his future work will be nebulous and for large US corporations.

Role model: Tony Blair and his ridiculous "role" brokering peace in the middle east. (?cf Hilary Clinton?)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom Gardner has his head so far up his own asshole only his shoulders stopped further movement .:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Interesting. Back when I had that long-term gig on Long Island, Walmart wouldn't honor a Phoenix Sam's Club Rx and I had to have my wife FedEx it. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Nope. Check the links in the 2nd article. Here is one of them:

Common medicines are not a problem, specialty stuff is. I could tell you horror stories from Europe but not in public because it affected people very close to me over there. It was disgusting and if I had ever been a fan of socialized medicine that would have turned me off.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I second Sam's but can't vouch for their stock on less used drugs. If it pain pills your after, I'd blame the government and not the pharmacist for any shortages. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Kaiser's billing behavior is, ahem, dubious but their pharmacy sure is efficient. Plus they always have the stuff that's needed. The mail option is great because despite their efficiency there is usually a

20-30min wait in the lines. That is still good compared to the 45min+ at some drug stores. Except Kaiser doesn't have a pub next door.

I just had a whole big batch of stuffed prototype boards get lost in a shipping department of a large client. Luckily they showed up later and we didn't lose much momentum.